YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like it was an error (makes no sense with half the reviews so far being in the red either). It's at 53 now

2 reds would do that. 63 was right off the first 4 reviews (2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red).

edit: ... and its down to 51

Edited by PNF2187

This seems like it's going to be Rotten given how underwhelming the reception has been so far. Really wild how day-and-date Five Nights at Freddy's is looking to finish with a higher total than anything from the prime month of November. Potentially December too at the rate we're going.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

He’s a vainglorious sorcerer-type who insists he’s taking good care of his people’s wishes, when all he’s really done is shove them into little, floating bubbles so he can happily gloat over his private, enchanted Orbeez collection.

happy rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

What critics want from a family movie may be very different from what families want out of it. Or are we acting like elemental hasn't just happened? There's also the fact that people may enjoy the music.

If you were hoping for a masterpiece I understand the disappointment, but if you were hoping for a BO hit, I'd wait until it comes out to see how it actually does before declaring anything...

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

What critics want from a family movie may be very different from what families want out of it. Or are we acting like elemental hasn't just happened? There's also the fact that people may enjoy the music.

If you were hoping for a masterpiece I understand the disappointment, but if you were hoping for a BO hit, I'd wait until it comes out to see how it actually does before declaring anything...

If it’s rotten, don’t think it has enough to get an OW in which it can leg it out to a hit. This feels like a fundamentally different ballpark than Elemental. I’m curious to see how audience WOM turns out tomorrow for my screening but there’s seems to be right now, little to feel optimistic about.

Edited by YM!

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

If it’s rotten, don’t think it has enough to get an OW in which it can leg it out to a hit. This feels like a fundamentally different ballpark than Elemental.

Funnily enough Wish currently has a higher average grade than Elemental.

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I think the general critics are giving the fair assessment for most of the movie. If isn't masterpiece but at least it is solid crowd-pleaser, generally the less picky critics would give it a pass. The problem has been with the top critics who have been dragging down the score for a lot of movie, especially tentpoles.