YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

11 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Only weak part was the unremarkable songs. I came out of Frozen and Moana with Let It Go and You're Welcome on my head, this I vaguely remember the main Wish song.

So what you're saying is....Jack Black's definitely winning for Peaches?

• Astonished 2

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

Critics Consensus

Wish earns some tugs at the heartstrings with the way it warmly references many of the studio's classics, but nostalgia's no substitute for genuine storytelling magic -- no matter how beautifully animated it might be. 

Audience score start rising back to 83% after 100 votes. 

• Heart 1

Sub 50% major animation studio films since 2010 (WDAS, Pixar, Illumination, DWA, SPA, Blue Sky):

Spirit: Untamed - 48%
Wish - 47% (in progress)

Boss Baby: Family Business - 46%

The Star - 43% (animated movies about stars are cursed??) 
Cars 2 - 40%

Ice Age Continental Drift - 37%

Ice Age Collision Course - 18%
The Emoji Movie - 6% (truly “impressive” for big budget animation lol)

Wish, The Star, and Emoji are the only non-sequels. I don’t think Paramount Animation is a “major” one since they haven’t had a big hit or big budget before, but they’ve dropped a few real turds though. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I don’t think the audience score is that bad if it stays there, but it’s still super early. What’s bad is that it legit looks like it may be going under the chicken little/brother bear all time WDAS RT low mark of 37% at this rate. Mid 40s now, avg rating is almost exactly the same as chicken little’s 

Just saw the movie and yeah it’s not good. This would’ve been released straight to video 20 years ago… My nieces enjoyed the movie and kids in the theater as well so there’s that. But yeah Disney needs to changed their creative teams and put in stricter quality controls because all their releases this year except Guardians 3 have been lacking. They can’t keep putting out crap like this and expect audiences to trust them. Also this movie did not feel or look like a $200 million movie. Where did all that $$$ go cause from what I saw on screen I would’ve guessed like a $100 million budget at most and even then I’d say Disney got ripped off. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don’t think the audience score is that bad if it stays there, but it’s still super early. What’s bad is that it legit looks like it may be going under the chicken little/brother bear all time WDAS RT low mark of 37% at this rate. Mid 40s now, avg rating is almost exactly the same as chicken little’s 

and remember, in 2003, the average wide release had a 44.6% positive grade. It's roughly 65% today thanks to an influx of easy critics.

https://www.franchisere.biz/movie-industry-charts-and-trends/

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

A- is meh for a family film honestly. Honestly impressive how Frozen II managed to make $1.45b with a meh A-

A- was the lowest CS grade Wish could afford to have. I see average legs for it though.

Frozen characters are beloved around the world which helped F2, even if the story was just ok. Big demand to see the sequel. But they need to do better for Frozen 3+4.