CJohn

New Karate Kid movie | May 30, 2025

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think the show is past its peak in terms of popularity (haven't looked at any numbers so I could easily be wrong) but could see this winning the summer lol.

Well first of all, it's December now post strikes.

I also think one of the big reasons Cobra Kai is a hit is because it's (presumably) not very expensive for a Netflix original.

Never saw Chan's version.  So his name wasn't Miyagi in it?  Kinda disappointing -- I was hoping for a scene like: "I knew a Mr. Miyagi...he's not you."  "We'll see, Daniel-san."  Macchio and Chan will obviously greet each other with a confrontation. 

Look at the tension in the video, itself...Macchio is even leaning away from Chan...whose English seems to have gotten worse since he retreated back to Chinese Cinema. 

But if Zabka isn't in this...we riot.  :sadwillie:

would i have to watch cobra kai to engage with this do you reckon? watched the first season it wasn't really for me. enjoy the movies, Terry Silver is the greatest villain in the history of fiction. maybe i should just watch the episodes where he comes back.

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

You say that...

So is Next Karate Kid officially the red headed stepchild of the franchise?

Whelp! I take back what I said. I haven't seen the Jackie Chan version of Karate Kid but I'm interested in this. Assuming they don't retcon CK at least. But I doubt they'd be that stupid.