YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

2 hours ago, DTP said:

What are we thinking for Black Adam's second weekend drop?

Less than 60%. I would say around 55-57%, to 28-30M
The OW was not very frontloaded, and that's a good sign for second weekend drop.

Also it has no new competition.

• Like 2

I can't exactly remember when, but I think I joined the original forums back in 2005. It has been 17 long years lol. I remember how lively and active the forums were back then. We would constantly hit the refresh button while wating for Deadline Hollywood to provide the earliest of the earliest estimates. Good times.

Although to be fair, we are still in the pandemic today and not many movies are released compared to pre-pandemic years. We usually just talk about one or two movies over the weekend unlike before when 'smaller' movies also elicited good conversations.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I can't exactly remember when, but I think I joined the original forums back in 2005. It has been 17 long years lol. I remember how lively and active the forums were back then. We would constantly hit the refresh button while wating for Deadline Hollywood to provide the earliest of the earliest estimates. Good times.

Although to be fair, we are still in the pandemic today and not many movies are released compared to pre-pandemic years. We usually just talk about one or two movies over the weekend unlike before when 'smaller' movies also elicited good conversations.

I'm still holding out hope that the Forums can one day return to their former glory. Although given where we were 2 years ago with the state of the box office and movies in general, we still are on the road to recovery. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Grace Randolph is saying Black Adam needs to match Aquaman’s -22% second weekend drop. 

Completely ignoring the fact that Aquaman was a Christmas release, of course. 

This is the type of nonsense DC is up against. 

Yeah, I have seen that video of hers. She can be annoyingly stupid sometimes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm still holding out hope that the Forums can one day return to their former glory. Although given where we were 2 years ago with the state of the box office and movies in general, we still are on the road to recovery. 

The good thing is, 2023 looks more fun and packed than 2022. We'll see.

• Like 1

Honestly, I really like how things are now in terms of traffic? We do get legit solid discussion, and it's nice to get up to speed real fast when reading threads and not wading through a bunch of random conversations. It would be nice of course to see more active participants, but things are relatively chill apart from the occasional troll these days. I like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yeah, I have seen that video of hers. She can be annoyingly stupid sometimes.

Insanity. She can be fairly entertaining and make the odd decent point, but nonsense like this made me switch off a good few years ago.

I think a 55% drop is the best this film can hope for. Can't see a path to 400 million WW either given its reception and the arrival of BP2 in a few weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Grace Randolph is saying Black Adam needs to match Aquaman’s -22% second weekend drop. 

I hatewatch Grace's Movie Maths every week for...some bizarre reason, and every time I have an aneurism, because she has no clue what she's talking about. I'm seeing her say "a drop in the 50s for Black Adam would be awful for the film. It has to do sub-50" and I just want to jump through my laptop screen and be all "No! No! That's not how this works!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The good thing is, 2023 looks more fun and packed than 2022. We'll see.

Really looking forward to Indy 5's run. Should be 1 billion WW on paper. If it's good and gives off Maverick style vibes, sky is the limit.

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

Insanity. She can be fairly entertaining and make the odd decent point, but nonsense like this made me switch off a good few years ago.

I think a 55% drop is the best this film can hope for. Can't see a path to 400 million WW either given its reception and the arrival of BP2 in a few weeks.

She surely enjoys talking about drops and whatnot while conveniently excluding other factors that affect the box office. 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

Really looking forward to Indy 5's run. Should be 1 billion WW on paper. If it's good and gives off Maverick style vibes, sky is the limit.

And that BARBIE and OPPENHEIMER weekend. Who will prevail, WB or Nolan? 😂

4 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

I hatewatch Grace's Movie Maths every week for...some bizarre reason, and every time I have an aneurism, because she has no clue what she's talking about. I'm seeing her say "a drop in the 50s for Black Adam would be awful for the film. It has to do sub-50" and I just want to jump through my laptop screen and be all "No! No! That's not how this works!"

Me too. Hate watch is a good phrase lol. 

She was giving Elvis hell for weeks about not hitting $100m and then she just ignored it as soon as it did, even though it actually went over $150m in the end lol. 

She’ll berate a films performance for weeks and then go quiet when it proves her wrong. She has no understanding of legs, trends, drops and tracking either. It’s baffling. 

On a side note: The Banshees of Inisherin opened to the equivalent of $16m here in the UK, and actually beat Black Adam to #1 in Ireland. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Me too. Hate watch is a good phrase lol. 

She was giving Elvis hell for weeks about not hitting $100m and then she just ignored it as soon as it did, even though it actually went over $150m in the end lol. 

She’ll berate a films performance for weeks and then go quiet when it proves her wrong. She has no understanding of legs, trends, drops and tracking either. It’s baffling. 

On a side note: The Banshees of Inisherin opened to the equivalent of $16m here in the UK, and actually beat Black Adam to #1 in Ireland. 

That's brilliant for Banshees in UK / Eire. Is it expanding in US? 

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Grace Randolph in the same video bemoaned the absence of any Halloween hits.

......Smile is about to reach x10 its budget worldwide, and is locked for 100m Dom and 200m WW

• Like 2
  • Haha 1