YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

$2.5 million

Did that number include the prior Saturday sneaks and early access, or just Thursday? I recall there being some confusion on that, but not the clarification 

EDIT: nm, Eric answered 

Edited by M37

3 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

RT Verified Aud. scores as of this morning:

Black Adam: 88%

Ticket to Paradise: 85%

Note that TTP still has fewer than 50 ratings, so that could change rapidly. Black Adam's at 500+ though, so don't expect much changes and a B+/A- Cinemascore.

I expect Paradise to grow. Audience in my theatre loved it

My range for TTP from that preview number is a Deadline-esque $13-$20M, and I honestly don’t have a good sense how it’s gonna play out 

Honestly, what's likely helping Ticket to Paradise is that both Roberts and Clooney are still considered among the most quintessential examples of "old school" movie stars whose big screen appearances have become increasingly rare in recent years. Take out the indie Ben is Back and Roberts hasn't appeared in a movie since Wonder almost five years ago, while Clooney's last major studio release where he appeared in front of the camera was...well, his last collaboration with Roberts (2016's Money Monster).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, what's likely helping Ticket to Paradise is that both Roberts and Clooney are still considered among the most quintessential examples of "old school" movie stars whose big screen appearances have become increasingly rare in recent years. Take out the indie Ben is Back and Roberts hasn't appeared in a movie since Wonder almost five years ago, while Clooney's last major studio release where he appeared in front of the camera was...well, his last collaboration with Roberts (2016's Money Monster).

Roberts in her prime is the biggest female draw in decades. Clooney's true box office appeal has always been arguable though. Obviously he has fans, but always seems to struggle when on his own to carry something.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

‘Black Adam’ Zaps $7.6M In Thursday Night Previews

https://deadline.com/2022/10/box-office-black-adam-dwayne-johnson-1235151785/

Very solid and paired with what looks like average to above average WOM, looking at rock solid (pun intended) $65mish opening. 

• Like 1