Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

next star wars trilogy

180m OW would be great for the next trilogy atleast for the current state the franchise is in . ST benefit of nostalgia and being one of the most iconic trilogies of all time.

180m ow being dissapointing for " many movies! . Sorry outside MCU/jurrasic franchise/ Disney live action . Name any other franchise that can dish out 180m weekends.

Dceu fucked up.

MCU,starwars and jurrasic franchise have clearly spoilt us.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Im wondering can the Sunday drop for BP be lower than expected because of Veterans Day? Because without Veterans day Friday would have been lower and Saturday higher. If Saturday is 58m Friday+ Saturday will be 114m. 
If there was no Veterans Day, Friday for example may have been 52m and Saturday 62m and the drop would be estimated from the 62m figure. Or is this logic wrong.

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The highlighted is already too late for me, nothing I can do now to stop that 😅 I'm destined to live and die by the sword at this point, too long of build up that can't be undone.

I'm confident though.

Interesting you use a bunch of sequels less comparable to Avatar 2 than Top Gun Maverick.

Top Gun -> TGM
Episode 3 -> The Force Awakens
Jurassic Park 3 -> Jurassic World

All 3 of these are more comparable in time frame that what you posted.

2 hours ago, hw64 said:

Gap between movies: 3 years

Gap between movies: 4 years

Gap between movies: 2 years

Gap between Avatar and Avatar 2: 13 years

Might be a fundamental difference there?

Top Gun Maverick being 36 years after the first film is not more comparable to the films I listed lol.

Was only looking at films that are in the top 10 all-time domestic. 

I’d love to see Avatar 2 go huge again of course, but a big drop off in audience like the films above wouldn’t shock me either. 

Edited by Krissykins

2 hours ago, hw64 said:

Gap between movies: 4 years

Gap between movies: 2 years

Gap between Avatar and Avatar 2: 13 years

Might be a fundamental difference there?

If Avatar 2 has same admits as Avatar 1, it do $1.1B+ with ease. 

If it drop 35% like TLJ or JW:FK, it do $725M

If it drop 30% like TDKR or Avengers: AOU, it do $800M

15 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah, I think there's something to this. But it doesn't really make the OWs any more exciting to me. 

“The numbers are bad now because people aren’t going to the movies as much” doesn’t make the numbers good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

But if the total available market is smaller now then it still negates previous comps.

Gotta check how much push/pull by both. If market dropped at all for mega grossers (NWH did close to 70M admits just last year) or how much market increased for opening weekends.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Gotta check how much push/pull by both. If market dropped at all for mega grossers (NWH did close to 70M admits just last year) or how much market increased for opening weekends.

I look at NWH like I do TFA. It had a lot of nostalgia and hype that bucks the trend BUT with the hype NWH had + Christmas + no competition, who is to say that 70M shouldn't have been 80-85M just 2-3 years prior? Difficult to determine really but I do get that gut feeling. 

Edited by K'uk'ulkan XXR

Just now, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Nearly 85%. To be expected unfortunately. Even if BPWF didn't open, it would have been 75%. Just the nature of anime films in the US. JJK0 and DBSH both dropped 75-80% in their 2nd weekend.  

Didn’t expect another film to go 80%+ so soon after Halloween Ends lol. 

1 minute ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

Nearly 85%. To be expected unfortunately. Even if BPWF didn't open, it would have been 75%. Just the nature of anime films in the US. JJK0 and DBSH both dropped 75-80% in their 2nd weekend.  

Tbh, 85% of the Forum User doesn't even know anything about One Piece... Just justifying (??)