Monty Python and the Holy Grail

18 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I saw this in a theater either last year or the year before and the whole crowd loved it.  I completely forgot about one scene because it was so long since I have seen it and I was almost literally on the floor laughing.  I couldn't breathe.

Just a great comedy film

A

• Like 2

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is famously a very witty film. Indeed, it is consistently hilarious in a variety of ways, with the entire Monty Python crew delivering funny moments time and time again. Chapman clearly is highlight of the film, but really, they're all spectacular. However, the lack of structure can grow tiring in a sense. This movie is exhausting in both good and bad senses, and while the anarchy might seem fun in one scene, in the next, it might just cause pure annoyance. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is oddly inconsistent, but when it hits, it's really quite spectacular. It's as great as it can be considering its structure, and worthy of its status as a comedy classic even it doesn't do it entirely for me. B

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is famously a very witty film. Indeed, it is consistently hilarious in a variety of ways, with the entire Monty Python crew delivering funny moments time and time again. Chapman clearly is highlight of the film, but really, they're all spectacular. However, the lack of structure can grow tiring in a sense. This movie is exhausting in both good and bad senses, and while the anarchy might seem fun in one scene, in the next, it might just cause pure annoyance. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is oddly inconsistent, but when it hits, it's really quite spectacular. It's as great as it can be considering its structure, and worthy of its status as a comedy classic even it doesn't do it entirely for me. B

This is mostly where my thoughts lie as well.