Eric S'ennui

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I mean if everyone followed Jim's example and made VFX like avatar taking more than 13 years..... Industry will go into recession 

Industry woudnt exist anymore if everyone would do that :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Why on earth would they do more than the bare minimum to make a few extra bucks?  Do I need to explain capitalism to you?

cause they could have made a lot more extra bucks if they tried a bit harder

I wonder how much of that $18M Tue was people showing up for Discount Day only to find out they were paying full price? (and deciding to just go anyway)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Only Deadline number I see reported last night is 17M+ with rival studios expecting it to go to 17.5M+... Did they initially report 14.5M in the afternoon EST?

https://deadline.com/2022/12/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-tuesday-1235204016/

no, pretty sure it was always a joke that people took seriously. hell the title said 17 until a few minutes ago

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Only Deadline number I see reported last night is 17M+ with rival studios expecting it to go to 17.5M+... Did they initially report 14.5M in the afternoon EST?

https://deadline.com/2022/12/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-tuesday-1235204016/

no one reported a $14.5m, it's exclusive to BOT

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. It's super dumb. Deadline had 17M+ last night with their update too. I'm sure it's some inside joke between two people and just a single person that thinks it funny. Kinda lame.

They are pretending its a bit of fun, but really they know people are going to see that thread title, even other sites that use numbers from here, and spread the 14.5 and that the film is dropping hard.

Pure copium.

• Knock It Off 1