Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess it’s a testament to the high expectations we place on James Cameron that even though TWoW is bound to be the biggest movie of the year worldwide, people still consider that a disappointment. 

If you ignore that its AVATAR, any film grossing 2bil WW (if it hits it, and i think it will) in this current climate, well its unreal really.

The only real reason why this run will be dissapointing to some is obviously the shitty exchange rate, but mainly China, where its probably going to be losing 400--600mil.

Predictions coming out of China, even less than 2 weeks from release, had the film opening around 200mil ,and a 600-800mil finish.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This is AoU and TLK all over again.  

Damn that is accurate. Feels exactly like TLK and I remember how negative that was even though it did 1.65B. I was honestly more disappointed in the movie cared less about the box office. Versus Aladdin beat expectations and did way less . I did love Aladdin though.

TLK imo looked amazing but I liked the original way more. Solid film and daughter enjoyed it kinda.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

If you ignore that ist AVTAR, any film grossing 2bil WW (if it hits it, and i think it will) in this current climate, well its unreal really.

The only real reason why this run will be dissapointing to some is obviously the shitty exchange rate, but mainly China, where its probably going to be losing 400--600mil.

Predictions coming out of China, even less than 2 weeks from release, had the film opening around 200mil ,and a 600-800mil finish.

Even if it doesn’t make to $2B, even if it doesn’t top TGM - regardless how unlikely the last one is - it will still be an impressive box office performance nonetheless.

• Like 1

If We can endure people that are so optimistic, that they have to keep rubbing positivity until someone start supporting their idea, or they get called out being naysayer almost every hour; that it can feel ridiculous - even to some people who aren't being called out.... that you feel you should not comment in that thread, unless it is somethin they wanna hear.

Then, We can also endure people who are pessimistic & keep rubbing it in - when it isn't performing well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Wait people were dissapointed with TLK making over 500mil domestic and 1.65bil WW?.

Man i was super impressed, especially after the level of reviews it got.

I think people definitely thought domestic gross would be bigger. OS lived up to expectations, or even exceeded them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Then, We can also endure people who are pessimistic & keep rubbing it in - when it isn't performing well.

But thats what its mostly been on here since launch. Its only changed a little the past day or so because of the 18mil  Tuesday and some thought maybe they jumped the gun a bit.

And why would you want to do what i quoted anyway?.

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

No, I mean comparing it to Ragnarok as a fully fleshed out game as opposed to smaller and more focused experience.  I know it looks incredible on PS5 lol.

Ragnarok is outstanding so far. Loving the way they're pairing off characters in different ways this time, and I'm loving just exploring each realm I end up in. Plus Christopher Judge is crushing it so hard as Kratos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Ragnarok is outstanding so far. Loving the way they're pairing off characters in different ways this time, and I'm loving just exploring each realm I end up in. Plus Christopher Judge is crushing it so hard as Kratos.

I really need Amazon Prime to not fuck this up. Just get Judge to get to the best shape of his life and let him play Kratos there as well.

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

But thats what its mostly been on here since launch. Its only changed a little the past day or so because of the 18mil  Tuesday and some thought maybe they jumped the gun a bit.

And why would you want to do what i quoted anyway?.

Why do you think its you? I have not really read that thread in last few days so, I don't even know if you are part of it. but are you the one? Pessimist or Optimist?

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Why do you think its you? I have not really read that thread in last few days so, I don't even know if you are part of it. but are you the one? Pessimist or Optimist?

No i mean why would you want to be pessemistic, and 'rub it in'?. Seems a litt;e childish to me.

And yes i'm an optimist.

Edited by stuart360

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I really need Amazon Prime to not fuck this up. Just get Judge to get to the best shape of his life and let him play Kratos there as well.

He's had serious health injuries that nearly forced him to drop Ragnarok in the first place and he's pushing 60. He just had to get his hips replaced + back surgery! Unfortunately, it's not a realistic ask

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1    Avatar    $2,922,917,914    2009
2    Avengers: Endgame    $2,797,501,328    2019
3    Titanic    $2,201,647,264    1997
4    Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens    $2,069,521,700    2015
5    Avengers: Infinity War    $2,048,359,754    2018
6    Spider-Man: No Way Home    $1,917,430,023    2021
7    Jurassic World    $1,671,537,444    2015

Where will A2 Land?!?!

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Where will A2 Land?!?!

My bet is over O/U JW. @Brainbugstill has a shot, but I’d say the odds are like 70% against him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Where will A2 Land?!?!

No.4 imo. I wouldnt totally rule out no.3 but no.4 for me.

It will be funny seeing 3 Cameron films taking the top 4 slots of biggest movie of all time