Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

8 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I'm only here because streaming is the future, and I want to be here as box office tracking crumbles under the new normal we're living in.

Well Said Streaming is the future and not only the future is the present that will get stronger. We were living the future in 2021, with HBO MAX 2021 Day and Date and Disney Plus Premiere Access and some Universal/Peacock movies. Still so pissed that stopped (Peacock at least show glimmers of hope with day and date). PLF was still doing good in that era and the Monsterverse did great. That would force theaters to go PLF and IMAX only. Less Screens per multiplex but bigger. If all theaters were PLF and IMAX all movies could be day and date and nothing would affect them but as theaters want to be lazy and not improve quality, and some people like to cheer them on mediocrity... Well... Just look at Avatar 2 a movie you could be 100% sure thay if it was day and date it would not affect them because people would go to the PLF regardless for the experience. Still like to track Box Office, but 2021 day and dates was so good. Cheers for it to comeback in full force soon and forever. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

I'll never understand people cheering on the death of cinemas. Yes, I would be a fan of fewer but much larger screens all around, with the focus being on that. But for me, it's not just the size and quality of the screen or the audio that makes cinema-going unique. It's the shared experience.

For all the annoyance with crowd sounds and smells and what-have-you, I just love being in a packed screening of a big movie on opening weekend. And I don't just mean a superhero flick. A comedy where the whole place is crying with laughter is just not something that can be replicated at home, for example. And for that shared experience, you don't necessarily need a premium format. So I will always be a fan of cinemas over streaming. But to each their own...

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'll never understand people cheering on the death of cinemas. Yes, I would be a fan of fewer but much larger screens all around, with the focus being on that. But for me, it's not just the size and quality of the screen or the audio that makes cinema-going unique. It's the shared experience.

For all the annoyance with crowd sounds and smells and what-have-you, I just love being in a packed screening of a big movie on opening weekend. And I don't just mean a superhero flick. A comedy where the whole place is crying with laughter is just not something that can be replicated at home, for example. And for that shared experience, you don't necessarily need a premium format. So I will always be a fan of cinemas over streaming. But to each their own...

Yes. Cinema is meant to be a celebration of a movie. Where people of all kinds come together and socialize. How hard you may try , streaming and even home theatre for that matter can't replace it.

Just now, reddevil19 said:

We are not cheering for the death of Cinema, we are cheering for improvement and choices on how to watch a movie in spoiler era, if all screens are PLF people will go regardless, i have seen day and date movies on Cinemas and rewatched them right back at home, or the opposite, whatched it on my phone while waiting in work liked it and then watched it on a big IMAX Screen (That movie should thank that the phone reinforced the will to go to the IMAX and get a ticket). Is a choice that was and is great. It will force Cinemas to go PLF instead of like 10 screens, better 5  PLF. Plus choice. If screens are PLF people go regardless like GvK and Dune. Those movies were PLF and IMAX heavy.

• Knock It Off 2

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yes. Cinema is meant to be a celebration of a movie. Where people of all kinds come together and socialize. How hard you may try , streaming and even home theatre for that matter can't replace it.

Read the PLF and IMAX part and the last comment i made. You people know well the most cheeering and laughs in theaters happen with MCU movies. Your movie is made for PLF these days plus streaming choise, plus people gather in home to watch comedies too. So that's why CHOICE, with Day and Date. If your comedy is big (made like a tentpole) and made for the big screen and PLF people would go even if Day and Date, look at MCU they are comedies a lot of times. And day and date will help comedies know they are working to be PLF and day and date heavy, so improve cinematography, get action, be big scale, etc. 

Edited by StreamBO

Day-to-date is the stupidest consumer choice ever exists. People who want to see a movie in cinema only get to see them for less than one month on big screen but those streamer will be able to stream their movie online for life!!! How is it a fair consumer choice is beyond me. 

• Like 7
  • Knock It Off 1

I’ll miss cinema when it’s gone but it’s in the unfortunate position of being really sensitive to inflation. It just feels really fucking expensive now, even though I assume its price hasn’t risen much more than other consumer goods. 

Pubs are having the same identity crisis in the uk - what should be a cheap, basic leisure activity now feels like it’s burning a hole in your pocket. 

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Day-to-date is the stupidest consumer choice ever exists. People who want to see a movie in cinema only get to see them for less than one month on big screen but those streamer will be able to stream their movie online for life!!! How is it a fair consumer choice is beyond me. 

NO, Day and Date is the best Consumer Choice, EVER, people that see the movie in cinema will get to see it regardless, plus fear of being spoiled disaapear, plus some movies are popular for a month and then do nothing, and again If theaters are PLF people go regardless. PLUS YOU CAN TEST A MOVIE BEFORE SPENDING MORE ON IT, IF YOU FIND THE MOVIE GREAT YOU REWARD IT EVEN MORE WHILE ITS POPULAR. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Completely agree. It is the supidest way possible to release any movie but especially big tentpoles that really rely on theater money.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Oh it was looking like 19.5 last night.

Damnit i wanted to make a Deadline is drunk joke but that is not far off from their number ... times are truly getting darker

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The sad thing is Disney, WB and other studios want to have the cake (release in theatres) and eat it too (also release early on streaming for more subscribers). They have to get their priorities straight. Actually they should treat each movie on basis by basis case where suppose a particular movie is performing well then you can postpone it's streaming release aka TGM. Otherwise if a movie isn't performing well then you can release it early. 

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I’ll miss cinema when it’s gone but it’s in the unfortunate position of being really sensitive to inflation. It just feels really fucking expensive now, even though I assume its price hasn’t risen much more than other consumer goods. 

Pubs are having the same identity crisis in the uk - what should be a cheap, basic leisure activity now feels like it’s burning a hole in your pocket. 

Cinema wont be gone. It will... evolve PLF, IMAX and Day and Date.