Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

21 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Biggest movie of the world has released and people are only talking about doom of cinema.

Exactly, a movie that only benefit PLF and people would still see in PLF | IMAX if it was day and date because that's what they want to watch it. Wich proves Day and Date and PLF and IMAX is the future. 

19 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

And how will they know who is spider-man when they don't know his identity? Tony brought Spider-Man into MCU because he knew his real identity. Someone has to bring him again imo

They only forgot Peter is Spidey. It's like how everyone knows who Batman is but they don't the man under the mask. Spidey will still be saving people so I'm sure they will contact him.

10 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

All those Non blockbusters are flopping already, so all of them can go to Streaming, where they are already with all the adult dramas. All those movie you say will benefit of being new while they are on streaming. Cinemas should be Day and Date with streaming PLF and IMAX big blockbuster only. 

What is your problem with theatres lol?

56 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Orange panther looked like 3.75. Everything else 🥱

~10.2 with sing 1 IM

10.3 from tintin

9.4 Narnia

8.7 Alving:chipwrecked

9.9 Moana 

Geomean with double weight for OWs: 9.85

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is a Box Office forum, so if you want to keep talking about how cinema's days are numbered, this ain't the forum for you

Im not talking aboit Cinema Days being numbered im talking about the glorious PLF | IMAX day and date Blockbuster only cinema ahead. 

I refuse to engage with the pros of streaming day and date today. I haven’t got it in me. It’s trolling at this point and it’s Christmas. 

Wake me up when Netflix try to get 100 million people to pay for something they are used to getting for free. 

Explosion Explode GIF by Minnesota State University Moorhead

• Like 3

What I am really not getting in the theater prospects conversation is the confidence in next year's theatrical projects. If there are a significantly higher number of projects playing in theaters, then yeah, it possibly outgrosses the gross this year. However, just glancing at the schedule nothing appears to be a $400,000,000+ grosser, let alone a $700,000,000 grosser. Is anything even going to outgross Minions?

The Little Mermaid will not be as big as some here are expecting since it has become embroiled within the culture wars. The new Indiana Jones is not going to be another Top Gun either because it has a string of sequels already with the newest not having the best reception.

Next year's schedule appears way more barren than this year's. If you believe that this December is bad, then wait until next year's because The Color Purple, Wonka and Aquaman combined are not going to outgross Avatar                            

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

All studios abandoned exclusive movies to streaming and we are here discussing the future of cinema. SMH

Cinemas are alive and well and they will continue to be for foreseeable future.

Exactly with PLF | IMAX DAY AND DATE streaming blockbuster only cinema. They will be alive and well and a premium way to watch movies everyone will want.

Edited by StreamBO

27 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Biggest movie of the world has released and people are only talking about doom of cinema.

Only … it may not be the biggest movie of the past 12 months, or even the calendar year. No, that doesn’t mean cinemas are collectively doomed, but if (what I believe is) the reality of a smaller theatrical audience is finally sinking in, then it does change the calculus for both studios and MTCs moving forward 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is a Box Office forum, so if you want to keep talking about how cinema's days are numbered, this ain't the forum for you

Eh, I mean, the Doom of Box Office™️ is pretty on topic for a Box Office forum

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Only … it may not be the biggest movie of the past 12 months, or even the calendar year. No, that doesn’t mean cinemas are collectively doomed, but if (what I believe is) the reality of a smaller theatrical audience is finally sinking in, then it does change the calculus for both studios and MTCs moving forward 

Not gonna fully sink in unless A5/SW disappoint

Dont really understand why people on a box office forum would be championing the death of cinema.

Also if all films went streaming day and date, movie budgets would probably plumet, well unles we get to the point where all these streaming platforms literally have hundreds of millions of monthly subscribers.

No matter how good the home viewing experience gets tech wise, it will never replace that cinema going experience imo.

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

They only forgot Peter is Spidey. It's like how everyone knows who Batman is but they don't the man under the mask. Spidey will still be saving people so I'm sure they will contact him.

You can't contact someone you don't know; they have to make a public appeal through the media to contact him. I think someone will be an exception here who still knows Peter Parker; my guess is either Thor because he is God or Captain Marvel because of her Kree-Human hybrid nature.

Im NOT Trolling and not championing death of Cinema at all but evolution To day and Date PLF | IMAX blockbusters only. James Cameron inspires demostrating PLF IMAX and blockbusters only is the only way for cinemas with a day and date component, he does not have the day and date component but in the future it will be the standard. 

Edited by StreamBO