Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

LOVED avatar, very happy to not be disappointed after so many years 

I can see why A1 went harder with audiences tho, is a more tight story and more easy to connect (since the whole thing is from a human pov) 

A2 is much more contemplative during most of the time and it lost the "human pov" even with Spider on the mix. 

Still is such a gorgeous movie, with such good pacing and the climax is so amazing (way better than A1), that i still believe is nearly miraculously how Cameron pull it off a great audience response despite so much pressure. My theater was quiet during the whole thing but after it ends everyone was saying how much they loved the experience. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eric in Boots said:

I know IWALY is the one everybody loves but I Have Nothing is my fave. Both from The Bodyguard soundtrack and Whitney in general. The lyrics just hit me in the feels so much more, ya know?

Agreed - it's Whitney's iconic song.  She did a beautiful IWALY but it's Dolly's song.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hw64 said:

I'll say it if no-one else will: Whitney Houston doesn't have a single good song to her name.

Usually with these big pop artists with long careers you can find at the very least one or two standouts amongst the dross (Mariah Carey - Fantasy; Britney Spears - Toxic, Gimme More, Break the Ice; Madonna - Into the Groove, Like a Prayer, many more; Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head, Love at First Sight, more).

With Whitney, there's nothing. All her big hits are forgettable and/or mediocre.

Anyway, I don't think this has anything to do with the performance of the movie, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

I Wanna Dance with Somebody is easily better (and bigger) than a lot of what you listed. The hell is Break the Ice? Love at First Sight? 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Agreed - it's Whitney's iconic song.  She did a beautiful IWALY but it's Dolly's song.

That's another big reason. I just think Dolly's is a lot more sentimental and heartfelt which makes me partial towards it.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Oh this is the weekend thread lol, post it wrong 

But i think is fine (?) so i'll just let it 

I mean...your post still fits the vibes. You're good.

• Thanks 1

Just now, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Friday was 19.5

Today will be 12.5-13.5

Tomorrow will be 21-23

Monday will be 10M less than your prediction

All of these numbers are out of touch with reality

Good old Kal-El…

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wboxoffice said:

Also the reason why the bodyguard was so huge internationally is in big part because of Whitney’s soundtrack and IWALY.  

I would say it's a combination of:

Costner's star power

Houston's soundtrack

Romantic movies were killing it at the international box office (PRETTY WOMAN, GHOST)

10 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Friday was 19.5

Today will be 12.5-13.5

Tomorrow will be 21-23

Monday will be 10M less than your prediction

All of these numbers are out of touch with reality

We will see.. I'm hear storms didn't hit as hard in some places so I'm sticking with it..maybe out of your reality XxR brother. And obviously I've been right over many for decades now. So we will see lol

Out of reality we're those black adam will beat avatar or a billion ww. Out of reality is folks forgot about A2.

My numbers are definitely within reality though not a high percent.

Seeing alot of 90-119m 4 day predicts. So seems others feeling unusual big 4 day despite whats going on.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Whitney at her peak was a much bigger star than Spears ever was. Beloved and respected by all - young and old, white and black. As for her spiral vs Spears', that's not interesting or impressive career-wise and not worth comparing. 

Questionable. There was a research showing Britney Spears is the most known celebrity name worldwide, male or female.