Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

7 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

As a 14 year-old when the first movie came out I thought Jake Sully was super hot and could never understand why more people didn't. Glad folks are finally seeing the light. 

In my defense, my heart was busy with silver fox daddy Stephen Lang. Those biceps are just 🤤. His Na'Vi form is pretty cute too.

942-pQuUhV2T_MgM4sG4LPQ1QS4hD94QyJ33MFOV

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

Just noticing now that it’s going to be a very confusing time for me when Mission Impossible 7 (aka MI7) comes out 

Will be even more confusing when Mission Impossible 37 comes out in 2034.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

30 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

PS - I will say, looking at my theater, don't expect a great Tuesday.  It was pretty chill, and no one was walking up.  You pretty much prebought tickets if you were going to the movies this afternoon, and nothing was a sellout or almost sellout.

If we're doing anecdotal stuff, one showing I'm looking at is so packed it's listed as -18 seats available

Anyway it's selling very well where I'm looking at, so I don't know

btw is there a non-convoluted way to post images here?

Man, I post my personal Tuesday afternoon theater report (at a non discount Tuesday Cinemark) and it's on:).

I mean, they only had one guy scanning tickets this afternoon and 2 people at concessions.  When I say chill, that's chill.  It's like slow and low OW crew.  And there weren't any lines and the bathrooms were clean.

Then again, my area had no ice/snow/power out issues at all (just cold), so we may have all converged on the weekend viewing and got it all done.  

It was perfect for me b/c it's what I wanted - empty and chill b/c flu season is rampant.  I didn't think it could be so chill Christmas week, but there it is:).  So, 1pm Tuesday afternoon of Xmas week can be nice, and you don't have to wait til 4th weekend January Monday for emptiness if you're forgoing the discounts...

32 minutes ago, hw64 said:

The 3-day weekend came in $0.7m under but the Monday came in $0.7m over. Did Disney just shift some gross around to secure the second Monday record?

Cameron made a phone call 

angry liam neeson GIF

51 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

At least one daily record secured.

Outstanding brother jiffy... What was the nums for Monday 

I heard 31-32m

Yessss!!

Real close to my 98-102m 4day. Now lets get that 55-60m+ 3rd weekend!!!

Brother Jiffy 950m WW!!!

Let's get that 760-900m domestic next!

TGM---We are coming !!

32 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Look at Titanic's first 20 weeks in 2022 dollars. The legs are just insane and will never happen again, not for a movie capable of making over $100 million in its first 7 days.

2bfzC02.jpeg 

I have hope for M3GAN

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Look at Titanic's first 20 weeks in 2022 dollars. The legs are just insane and will never happen again, not for a movie capable of making over $100 million in its first 7 days.

2bfzC02.jpeg 

Greatest movie run of all time..We'll never let go Jack!!

Titanic adjusted today for theater sizes and prices  likely would be a 5'-6 ww billion monster. 

You know it may have a chance to creep up on Endgame with its huge 4k 25 th anniversary Re-Release. That would be funny Titan makes another 800m-1b ww and takes the throne from.Avatar man lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

My boldest prediction of 2023 is that TFA is going down to some movie that no one is predicting as of yet

A2 is still out there btw.

Needs a 7x multiplier. Are you sure it's a movie no one predicted that will take FA down domestically 🦝😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

My boldest prediction of 2023 is that TFA is going down to some movie that no one is predicting as of yet

Problem is, Godzilla vs Kong 2 comes out in 2024, not 2023

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

well if XXR is correct, this post is well... :Venom:

Not if the weekend hits 60-70m

I told them it will not perform like any typical film because you cannot predict walkins from around NA and how much fans are coming from both Avatars franchise and Titans.

Titans, Pandorians Bring Me the numbers!! Show them the power we have babyPierce Brosnan Name GIF by James Bond 007

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Disbelief 1