Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

You are aware that you are in the domestic box office forum, right?          

no sorry I was lost, when i say DOM i'm actually talking dirty 🤭 . thanks i know where i am now, all thanks to you!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

very american-centric thinking. Lightning is striking around the world right now fella, it's just snow in america right now

I mean, if you just look at admissions, ignoring nuances of ERs and weather, the point still stands 

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

very american-centric thinking. Lightning is striking around the world right now fella, it's just snow in america right now

It's doing very well OS but we're talking $1.45B max (with China) and IIRC your OS prediction was $2B without China so @M37 is still correct in his assertion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my expectations were above the first film though, if you're going off "lightning in a bottle" it's nothing to do with my expectations.

Unless you're talking about US, China or Japan I heavily disagree with this.

It's going to be #2 worldwide (of all time) behind Avatar if you get rid of those 3 regions

But it got released in those three regions 👀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yes, but as I’ve explained before, I believe the higher ATP from adjustment is mostly offset by a reduced audience pool post-pandemic, making grosses over that period nearly directly comparable (AOU is the one outlier that probably gets bumped up into T1.5)

I think if you wanna call it even with 2021/2022 inflation vs 2019 + audience reduction vs 2019, that’s probably somewhat reasonable. But still things in 2008 are appreciably different from 2019, like IM1 is much stronger than Far from home. 

Edited by Legion in Boots

2 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Yeah I’m definitely gonna need to get you on the record on this one Mem, you’re way too low. 

My posts are above, feel free to bookmark them

Say It Again The Breakfast Club GIF by Laff

• Thanks 1

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Excuses excuses. But Shinkai > Cameron confirmed fo sho. 

When does an excuse become a reason, does the snow need to be 10ft deep in every state of america, or maybe new variant covid-22 that makes people unable to see

The Whale has ended up being incredibly frontloaded. A Friday less than half of its wide opening Wednesday that includes Tuesday previews? Guess it's not hitting $10M after all either (though given it was a tough sell, not a surprise).

Edited by filmlover

Glad that switched to RO comparison, because TGM showdown would be embarrassing for A2. RO had a better Friday again. Granted the snow situation disadvantaged A2, its gonna have to do the heavy lifting next week to start catching up. Most certainly its going to lose the second weekend in a row to RO.

WATERSO SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS ROGUE ONE

DAY 8: (FRIDAY) AVATAR 19.5m (estimate)

DAY 8: (FRIDAY) ROGUE ONE 22.8m

WATER TEMP: COLD (-3.3m)

CUME: AVATAR 217.2m  VS ROGUE ONE 244.9m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 334m

WATER FLOW: 502m

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my expectations were above the first film though, if you're going off "lightning in a bottle" it's nothing to do with my expectations.

Unless you're talking about US, China or Japan I heavily disagree with this.

It's going to be #2 worldwide (of all time) behind Avatar if you get rid of those 3 regions

This is the new goalpost now huh? Looks like 4th to me but lets see what happens....

Top 5 Films - DOM - China - Japan

• Endgame = $1,254,723,898
  • Titanic = $1,195,893,752
  • SM: NWH = $1,066,994,430
  • Infinity War = $976,119,471 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone else find the Friday nnumber for A2 confusing?

Confusing, how?

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Also can anyone explain why Pimp Garfield is flopping.

Not enough of a draw for families to pay for it. Should still do $70-90M DOM.

• Like 1