Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah russos handled him way better. Maybe Russo for thor 5 😈

Jokes aside, while I like the character itself the films always erred either too bland (1), straight up bad (2), or just overzealous on their humor (3/4) for me

Ragnarok already overplayed the humor way too hard IMHO and basically turned the character into a parody of itself - didnt even bother catching 4 for free when I had d+ knowing it managed to go even further in that direction

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Could be possible but Charlie had higher number and rival studios also seem to be pointing to a better number so it might increase. Even if it doesn't that's a good number 👍

I still remember Charlie's $38m monday for NWH that ppl were sure would correct with the actuals and never materialized

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Current estimate is 90 no? I can definitely see it match R1 then maybe go past it

cause its a combination of updated SUN estimates (30m for a 64m 3-day) and disney's MON estimate (26m) that came with their lowbaled SUN estimate yesterday

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

For the last time lol, nobody was saying Black Adam over Avatar. No one on this site at least. Perhaps some crazy DC fan on Facebook or whatever said something like “BA will be the biggest movie of the year.” But you’re taking something that nobody ever said and trying to use it to shape your narrative, which is honestly kind of sad since the movie is doing well enough that you shouldn’t need to do that.

Hey same sort of talk beating A2 and.not

Appreciating the originals impact was sad, so yes I'm throwing in all those statements .that all were proven wrong. Though I'm sure I rem some folks on here saying black adam would hurt A2 or something.

Jimbo, Stuart and Kayom know what im talking and not.too long ago quite a few folks here were stating all these tentpoles would best A2 and it's forgotten. Including  JPW.

So stop the foolishness.

Just like folks here were poking fun. Allow me to poke at those thinking these comics films and other tentpoles would demolish Pandoras.return

Courts adjourned..Its sad when people. state absolutes and get owned and then lie that those statements werent.made

Guys we have to start saving pages and posts.

This is still after 13 Yrs Our land!

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

I still remember Charlie's $38m monday for NWH that ppl were sure would correct with the actuals and never materialized

A number from Charlie is way more trustworthy than an early Disney lowball - especially after their sunday from the exact same lowball estimation was massively off

that, and it makes no sense for this to do 26M on boxing day

Edited by JustLurking

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadline

Rivals believe Avatar 2‘s second 4-day weekend can get to $97M-$100M with most off from work today and all schools and colleges on break. Disney says $26M today, Others believes it’s $33M to $36M. We will see. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story posted a 4-day second weekend of $96.1M.

Disney looks like they being humble with Mondays take? 😄

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

A number from Charlie is way more trustworthy than an early Disney lowball - especially after their sunday from the exact same lowball estimation was massively off

not disagreeing, I was talking about the 29.5m sunday estimate, b/c BOT was tracking 30m+ last night

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Well I'm hoping for 35.5 m😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

not disagreeing, I was talking about the 29.5m sunday estimate, b/c BOT was tracking 30m+ last night

I mean, people did say it wasn't guaranteed - still think actuals will bounce up slightly myself but if they only come in at 29.5, it'd not exactly a big difference

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Oh, wow. This has just expanded, right? These numbers are LOW. These Oscar contenders can't catch a break.

The Fabelmans is finally in 1000+ theaters, but it's also already on PVOD. But the 750K revised estimate is like 200K higher than the Sunday estimates, which is better than going the other way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

It may have been that small, untracked theaters like those in Buffalo being closed would have dragged down Charlie's estimate slightly - $500K difference at $20 ticket is only 25000 tickets difference...that's not a whole lot of difference in the grand scheme.

Or it could be a continued lowball.  We'll see Tuesday:)...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just want a more serious approach in movie 5. Jokes are fine, but not too much.

Lol I think  Chris hinted he was not pleased with where the director took his character. So hopefully we will both get our wish on more.serious Thor story with far less jokes indeed. So I think some director shopping will be happening. Anyone  thinking Russo brothers would touch Thor 5 after L and T is unfortunately  delusional.

Top filmmakers coming off IW and EG are not going to mess with a film that could be soundly affected by its last unflattering outing and get behind a.potential dud.and tarnish their red hot card right now

I do feel Russos would come back for an Avengers featuring Tobey maguire, Hugh Jackman and alot.of.the original Avengers cast.( hopefully Robert downey and Chris returning as part of that team...Wonder what type.of bo that.would be)

What do you think Kayom? Since Brad bird has relations.to Disney and has proven himself bigtime with Mi6. I could see him doing a great Thor film.

Rogue One falls off a damn cliff at the start of Jan. Like I said before, Rogue 1 comp until jan, then switch to original Avatar.

We're looking at $870m (+/- 5%) for Domestic here.

Sadly not looking like the billie is within reach, but the Opening Weekend and Snowstorm will be too hard to overcome.

$870m / $134m = 6.5x legs. Let's be honest, this was never getting less than Top Gun legs.

Edited by IronJimbo