Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We left the station a week ago fella, maybe you won't miss the train for A3?

Hah hah- Well better late than never Jimbo..lol 

I wonder how many will come on the train for the domestic crown... Im feeling it my brother.

Imagine this hits 900M with steam in the tank domestically after all the doom and gloom statements with the 134M OW . lol

6.3-6.7X Multiplier  run starting??

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm inclined as well. 

I still believe life can be a bitch and the movie can ended up in the frustrating 1.9B range, is a reasonable expectation. But if it's close enough i think Cameron will just push it.

At this point even 1.8B does seems slighty lowballed and it would require some ugly drops after NYD especially OS. It can happen, but it's not very likely imo.

After my discussion, here is my general thoughts...

Minimum

530 DOM - 170 China - 1200 OS-C-R

Base

585 DOM - 200 China - 1250 OS-C-R

Maximum

650 DOM - 250 China - 1350 OS-C-R

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Minimum

Base

Maximum

how confident are you about your maximum being in fact the maximum (assuming no china shenanigans)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

If/when it gets to around that 1.9bil number, i bet they will expand again with a extended version of the film, like they did with the first.

If Cameron has time that is as he supposedly is starting filminh again in Jan.

there could already be an extended version ready and waiting though.

China, India!! :)--MWHAHAHHAH and SK and others Lock and Load Stuart with that Extended version Indeed brother

Take It GIF by Regal

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah- Well better late than never Jimbo..lol 

I wonder how many will come on the train for the domestic crown... Im feeling it my brother.

Imagine this hits 900M with steam in the tank domestically after all the doom and gloom statements with the 134M OW . lol

6.3-6.7X Multiplier  run starting??

The smaller opening weekend cost the movie around $200m I reckon, less word of mouth and just slower start which could have snowballed during the holiday season.

We got a chance here KAL but we up against it, but remember Jim magic is the true box office power that the number crunchers always forget. Can you imagine some of the people in here looking around for "comps" from old moives and sequels and stuff when the true comp is just right in front of their eyes the whole time in papyrus

2 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Minimum

Base

Maximum

Charlie must be really concincing to make you change your china minimum to be ahead of your max from like 2 days ago

I get it though, the drops have looked really solid over there past few days

5 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

PiB will still make 100M DOM, maybe upwards of 120-130M. It'll be a fine total. 

It's also tracking internationally to be on par with the Sing 2 movie and above Ferdinand. So I expect an international total of $225M-$250M when it's finished its run.

1 minute ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Minimum

Base

Maximum

I'm thinking around your base as well, OS really come thru to save the day 

The best part is that A3 can easily go over A2 because this one performance in China was like 1/4 of what it could've been

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

howconfident are you about maximum being in fact the maximum (assuming no china shenanigans)

Hmm like 90%? There are scenarios of course where it goes higher but they become increasing unlikely scenarios as we continue to go forward. Once we see how this plays outside of the holidays we should be able to make a better target. 

4 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Minimum

Base

Maximum

Those are not your true minimum and maximums, those are just the range you think it will fall in.

You think it cant make $250m after the 3rd weekend? what more most Jim do to open your eyes to the possibilities

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Charlie must be really concincing to make you change your china minimum to be ahead of your max from like 2 days ago

I get it though, the drops have looked really solid over there past few days

Yea he broke some things down for me that showed a clearer path based on historical averages. I've always said that I'm not an OS expert in general and even less in non-European/Oceania markets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Those are not your true minimum and maximums, those are just the range you think it will fall in.

You think it cant make $250m after the 3rd weekend? what more most Jim do to open your eyes to the possibilities

You're technically correct but I prefer baseline min/maxes and not actual min/maxes. That leaves too much of a range and is basically pointless (because you can't be wrong). 

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The smaller opening weekend cost the movie around $200m I reckon, less word of mouth and just slower start which could have snowballed during the holiday season.

We got a chance here KAL but we up against it, but remember Jim magic is the true box office power that the number crunchers always forget. Can you imagine some of the people in here looking around for "comps" from old moives and sequels and stuff when the true comp is just right in front of their eyes the whole time in papyrus

" YOU Know it man!" 

"Nothings Over while Pandorians fans are breathing!"

" AND THERES THIS---THAT THEYLL NEVER LET GO! " AND THEY ARE COMING JIM!"

titanic jack and rose GIF

1 minute ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

You're technically correct but I prefer baseline min/maxes and not actual min/maxes. That leaves too much of a range and is basically pointless (because you can't be wrong). 

I see... just a matter of linguistics and preferences