charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

3 minutes ago, BuzhuWarrior said:

Ok, that makes sense. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the unpredictability of this run. 

Are runs like this more fun to track/model/predict, or just more stressful?

Well, this is the first run we've done this for. Definitely been fun so far, and the final number has been decently close most days, which is good (though early extrapolations have sometimes been off, which I'm fine with since it'll improve with time). Yesterday was probably the only day that was annoying, since the error came from something uncorrectable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Well, this is the first run we've done this for. Definitely been fun so far, and the final number has been decently close most days, which is good (though early extrapolations have sometimes been off, which I'm fine with since it'll improve with time). Yesterday was probably the only day that was annoying, since the error came from something uncorrectable. 

I know it's been said already, but you guys are doing a magnificent job! I honestly don't even care about the accuracy. We'll eventually get the true numbers either way. It's fun to see you put something out there and then chew on it. Probably more fun than if the number was bang on right away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think most people understand that the early predictions are working with very limited information, and don't reasonably expect them to be highly accurate at that point. I actually think a lot of us really enjoy seeing the numbers develop as more info comes in. And you and XXR have both been very transparent and measured in the numbers you've provided.

It's much appreciated. This place is rocking at the moment and you've played a huge part in that.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I take it you all will keep doing this for the big movies going forward?

As for the serious reply, i think Your Name is visually one of the must stunning and beautiful anime films of the 2010s. The story however is nothing that special for me. Id give it like a 7/10. But im also not that into romance anime in general, so that could play a role.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

As for the serious reply, i think Your Name is visually one of the must stunning and beautiful anime films of the 2010s. The story however is nothing that special for me. Id give it like a 7/10. But im also not that into romance anime in general, so that could play a role.

I think it just depends how much the emotional strings hits you. It's a movie that relies a lot in being engaged in the romance and how much it envolves you, for me personally struck really hard. And visually is a masterpiece, no doubt about that.