charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

Well I wouldn't consider a2 a flop. It certainly is underwhelming as it will be finishing more than half a billion WW behind the 1st films of the original run ( I'm using @NCsoft 2.26b ww as the number I'm going off here.)

Hopefully this stops people from making insane predictions ( looking  at you @IronJimbo ) for the 3rd film. Had the franchise not disappeared from the public for a decade and treated on the same level as star wars 3-3.5 billion would have been certain.

P.s. Yes by this logic BP2 was also underwhelming. Which I agree with

3 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Jat posted 21 in here anout 8 hours ago and 20.5 on his Twitter about 3 hours ago. It should be closer to 20.5 

I think Twitter sometimes gets lowballed a bit more than us. ERC tweeted 20/338 cume just recently. Actual will be 20.35-20.85 I suspect

For anyone interested in M3GAN's box office:

Box-office 1er jour : M3gan meilleur démarrage horrifique de 2022 - Boxoffice Pro

My French isn't nearly as good as it used to be, but a rough translation:

Universal's horror flick quietly took the lead in a mixed-performing market of new releases. 45,000 terrified audience members, leading to an average of 34 admissions per screening on Wednesday, for a total of 57,000 tickets. M3GAN had the best start for a horror flick in 2022, ahead of Scream (34,000 admissions). It is also the best launch for a horror title in December since Paranormal Activity in 2009 (99,000 admissions). 

A debut like this could honestly suggest 40M domestic opening is possible, if that Scream comp is any indication. Not sure about other French comps, if anyone on here is more well-versed in France's box office. I'm not too sure what the COVID situation in France was like when Scream opened, so maybe that film was hindered quite a bit.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

I think Twitter sometimes gets lowballed a bit more than us. ERC tweeted 20/338 cume just recently. Actual will be 20.35-20.85 I suspect

Being reported at 20.4 so probably not a lowball. Only slightly above my prediction which is good. Today may be trickier since last Thursday was the beginning effects of the winter storms. Hopefully it’s over 19.