XXR vs XXR

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

If A2 is such a good film and has an excellent WoM, it would be embarrassing for it not to beat TGM or in fact hit 800m with such a lead amassed already lol

So its gone from creaming over the 'low' opening weekend and celebrating, to 'its a flop if it doesnt hit 800mil lolz'.

I thought you said you wouldnt do A2 vs TGM domestic race because it would be embarrasing for A2?. Is reality finally dawning on you?.

Try harder Alfred.

Besides there is more to the world than just the US, A2 will blow past TGM worldwide by 600-800mil.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

So its gone from creaming over the 'low' opening weekend and celebrating, to 'its a flop if it doesnt hit 800mmil lolz'.

I thought you said you wouldnt do A2 vs TGM domestic race because it would be embarrasing for A2?. Is reality finally dawning on you?.

Try harder Alfred.

Besides there is more to the world than just the US, A2 will blow past TGM worldwide by 600-800mil.

I have a feeling it will beat TGM by 900m-1B+ and still beat it domestically as well Brother Stewart.

Brother Alfred is finding it difficult to accept Cameron wont be defeated by his movies yet again lol!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I have a feeling it will beat TGM by 900m-1B+ and still beat it domestically as well Brother Stewart.

Brother Alfred is finding it difficult to accept Cameron wont be defeated by his movies yet again lol!

Yep noticed a lot of copium creeping in on here the last 2 or 3 days.

Its delcious.

1284719722_james-cameron-3deal-with-it.g

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yep noticed a lot of copium creeping in on here the last 2 or 3 days.

Its delcious.

1284719722_james-cameron-3deal-with-it.g

If it starts to Creep towards SW TFA Domestically. Further meltdowns may happen my brother ...lol

But yet no one will remember Avatar and Cameron is a hasbin.. Eh .... LMAO

• Like 1

Man I still see crowds in my city... So Im hoping actuals are much much higher.

Anyone feeling  67-68M :)?

. Estimates right with my predict of 63M @ 63-64M Weekend 3. Wow No drop at all and chances of an actual increase over the 2nd weekend. Imagine if 4th weekend is 50+M.. 

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

. Estimates right with my predict of 63M @ 63-64M Weekend 3. Wow No drop at all and chances of an actual increase over the 2nd weekend. Imagine if 4th weekend is 50+M.. 

4th weekend being in that range feels next to impossible after the New Years and Christmas rush has subsided. Even the high end of current estimates, $40m, would be great. Let's see what happens.

Feels like we're in need of an update on Sunday estimates any minute now...

This is not the Top Gun Maverick thread, but I will just leave my 2 cents since its being talked about. In my personal opinion, I don't think TGM is a forgetable movie at all. In the same way as Avatar, it's a simple movie plot wise, but is an unforgettable theater experience with out of this world effects and visuals, thrills, good characters and hits all the emotional strings.
Many times a simple story told masterfully is more impactant than something complex, which is exactly what most James Cameron movies are and the results in the box office showcases that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

To be honest i'd take a 40mil 4th weekend if offered.

The fist AVATAR did do 50mil, but off a higher 68mil 3rd weekend. It also had a pretty ridiculous 26% drop.

Of course A2 COULD hit 50mil, but i think 40mil will be closer to reality i would think.

A2 also curently has a 70mil lead on the first film, so it can afford some steeper drops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

To be honest i'd take a 40mil 4th weekend if offered.

The fist AVATAR did do 50mil, but off a higher 68mil 3rd weekend. It also had a pretty ridiculous 26% drop.

Of course A2 COULD hit 50mil, but i think 40mil will be closer to reality i would think.

A2 also curently has a 70mil lead on the first film, so it can afford some steeper drops.

Sounds good, but lets hope crowds in the Apple still for this film and sellouts means that is the way folks are flocking all over in the premium theaters. So 40-35M is real good, but 45-50+M is juggernaut  hold status. 

Correct Brother Stewart and Brother Dragon? 

Im trying to keep my expectations in check, but man this hold this weekend is astounding!!

7 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

4th weekend being in that range feels next to impossible after the New Years and Christmas rush has subsided. Even the high end of current estimates, $40m, would be great. Let's see what happens.

Feels like we're in need of an update on Sunday estimates any minute now...

Keeping fingers crosse actuals and 4th weekends are full of suprises my brother.. Stay positive.

I want the Maverick... I want NWH domestically.

This Pandorian is greedy!! LOL

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Sounds good, but lets hope crowds in the Apple still for this film and sellouts means that is the way folks are flocking all over in the premium theaters. So 40-35M is real good, but 45-50+M is juggernaut  hold status. 

Correct Brother Stewart and Brother Dragon? 

Im trying to keep my expectations in check, but man this hold this weekend is astounding!!

Yeah i said the other day that it will probably be in the 35-40mil range.

I wouldnt be surprised if id DID do over 40mil though as both Christmas and New Year weekends have been close to the first film, and thats with having Christmas and New Year Eve's in them, somethign the first film did NOT have to deal with.

So yeah could go over 40mil, but i'm going to try and play it safe.

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Puss in Boots O/U 10M 4th weekend?

Maybe Alex :). Lots of spillover should happen.  I do have a feeling Megan may steal some legs from everyone but Im hoping  Avatar 2 and Puss fend it off.. Whats Megans tracking for this weekend.

Some of my friends liked it.. And said its not too bad. Almost as good as Chucky 1.. So thats some fairly high praise. 

20 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Maybe Alex . Lots of spillover should happen. I do have a feeling Megan may steal some legs from everyone but Im hoping Avatar 2 and Puss fend it off.. Whats Megans tracking for this weekend.

Some of my friends liked it.. And said its not too bad. Almost as good as Chucky 1.. So thats some fairly high praise. 

I feel like M3GAN is meant as counterprogramming against the 4-quadrant Avatar 2 and family aimed Puss in Boots. So successful or not I doubt M3GAN is affecting the the grosses of the two films all that much.

Edited by Alex SciChannel