XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

3 movies over 700m DOM released in a 12 month span would be insane and I think shows the way the box office has shifted post-covid… it truly is feast or famine now so much more than ever. 

Yeah, not healthy in the long run, but at least we're still getting the feasts for now.

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

So its gone from creaming over the 'low' opening weekend and celebrating, to 'its a flop if it doesnt hit 800mil lolz'.

I thought you said you wouldnt do A2 vs TGM domestic race because it would be embarrasing for A2?. Is reality finally dawning on you?.

Try harder Alfred.

Besides there is more to the world than just the US, A2 will blow past TGM worldwide by 600-800mil.

The People have high expectations for the sequel to the biggest movie of all time.

I don't blame them though as The Way of Water will most DEFINITELY go over 800

James Cameron Movie GIF

I am kinda depressed Universal pushed forward the PVOD date for Puss in Boots toward January 6th. It could harm PiB international Box Office and it's chances of getting to 300M worldwide. Why can't Universal understand this is a leggy movie? Please Universal, your film is great and should be seen on the big screen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I am kinda depressed Universal pushed forward the PVOD date for Puss in Boots toward January 6th. 

wait what?

why would they do that?

january 17th was already a pretty great date

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

wait what?

why would they do that?

january 17th was already a pretty great date

They were probably disappointed with the opening and in turn pushed the date earlier which is a stupid ass assumption to make in a holiday frame. A season known for pronounced box office legs. Hopefully they change it back again after they see the result of the 2nd weekend.

1 hour ago, upriser7 said:

Now that the movie has held up extremely well over the last week, looks like some Avatar hating trolls are trying to find some new ways of coping

I can't help but ask, What has Avatar done to these people? 😂😂😂 Why would a movie make one so toxic?

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

3 movies over 700m DOM released in a 12 month span would be insane and I think shows the way the box office has shifted post-covid… it truly is feast or famine now so much more than ever. 

Unfortunately, the small and mid budget ones still struggle. 🙁

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I am kinda depressed Universal pushed forward the PVOD date for Puss in Boots toward January 6th. It could harm PiB international Box Office and it's chances of getting to 300M worldwide. Why can't Universal understand this is a leggy movie? Please Universal, your film is great and should be seen on the big screen.

They learned from Disney. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I can't help but ask, What has Avatar done to these people? 😂😂😂 Why would a movie make one so toxic?

I also can't fully understand that either and it's not like there was anything controversial in the movie either. Thing is I wasn't even some Avatar stan or Cameron stan but all the hate towards Avatar on social media has actually made become lot more supportive of Avatar2

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

These studios are fools. Wonder why people don't come out when everything is available 3 weeks later.

• Like 1

Just now, upriser7 said:

I also can't fully understand that either and it's not like there was anything controversial in the movie either. Thing is I wasn't even some Avatar stan or Cameron stan but all the hate towards Avatar on social media has actually made become lot more supportive of Avatar2

It's because they don't want this movie to make more than 'their' movie. Having issues about the movie is fine, but most of the hate comes from those who don't want this to make more money than the 'brand' they support. As a moviegoer, I'm happy movies like this make money. I feel the same way towards Marvel, SW, animation, the small productions, etc. I even want DC to make money lol because these runs make box office interesting and fun. Also, what do they get if this movie doesn't outgross another? Is there a cash prize? 😂😂😂