XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

1 hour ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Why on earth would Sat dip from Fri and Sun increase over Sat??

Avatar 2 cannot be contained in your box of rules brother.. Its Cameron fan  powered!.😉🦝

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It will end at 654.

My favorite lotto number but again. You'll be wrong again Just lurking

. We are hitting 700+mil.

And if A2 keeps going..800m is happening as well. We are about 70-100+m ahead of Avatar 1.

Very nice

This isn’t a prediction, just a thought about my target number for today.

A1 dropped 53.5% on Monday after the 3rd weekend, which would similar to today as yesterday was still mostly a holiday. R1 dropped 61% on the comparable Tuesday. Let’s see if A2 can split the difference with a ~57% drop. That would put it right around $9M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

This isn’t a prediction, just a thought about my target number for today.

A1 dropped 53.5% on Monday after the 3rd weekend, which would similar to today as yesterday was still mostly a holiday. R1 dropped 61% on the comparable Tuesday. Let’s see if A2 can split the difference with a ~57% drop. That would put it right around $9M.

A2 TUE hold be better due to CAN. WED is the day to judge. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

I thought you were a firm believer in the 652M ceiling club. Bold of you to raise it to 653M.

I acknowledge 653M is possible. Though 652M remains the more probable high end i agree.

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Bold predict.

Friday 22M, Sat 16, Sunday: 20

(58m) 4th weekend and bests Avatars 50.3m  for  2nd place all time by over 8mil.

" Outstanding!"

Saturday isn’t going to drop from Friday and Sunday isn’t going to increase from Saturday. The holidays are over.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Sheldon must have looked at the past 2 weekends and thought CE/NYE on sat was standard weekend behaviour :hahaha:

Nope made mistake with my numbers. But feeling 4th weekend will be huge because all the folks who didn't get to see it new yrs are coming as well as repeat viewings. New 2nd place 4th weekend holder incoming.  55-58m 4th baby

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

now we talking, weekend should be 3-5m higher with those weekdays tho

I'm going with 58m.

Hopefully no Less than 51-53 with an astounding hold again and beating avatar.. repeat pandorians and those who still have to experience this film are coming jimbo.

What's your 4th weekend predict?

19 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Saturday isn’t going to drop from Friday and Sunday isn’t going to increase from Saturday. The holidays are over.

I've heard it all before. We will see brother xxr. You notice which films are still on the 4th weekend all time list domestically brother.

Has nothing to do with holidays this is fan and folks so blowned away and  coming back for more. I suspect some are using this movie bigtime as a way to truly escape into a new world for 3hrs. This bolds well for not only the domestic but os as well.

Also rem many millions of fans still haven't seen A2 waiting for premium showing times, saving loot to take entire families for the experience etc.

Then you have  many ticket buyers from weekends 1-3 who will be buying tickets to ride this juggernaut again.

You haven't seen anything  yet! 

And i have to point out you were firmly  in the 500-540 range max  xxr and jumping in and out of the under 573m club. Lol. So come on now stop with the absolute statements.

No way you can tell me or any A2 box office fan what this film can or can't do at this point.

The fans will dictate that and this one is starting to look unstoppable.

And believe you me with 210+ m tickets between Titan and Avatar and all the Cameron fans.

There's alot of weirdness coming that won't  fall into the naysayers routine calculation box.

How about that Pandorians and Titan fans----1997 and this ultimate of epic  films is still in top all time 4th weekend list.. love it!

" I'll  never let go.Jack!😉🦝

titanic GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Thanks 2

No idea why, by Avatwo has consistently had "softer" Mondays - in terms of drop from Sunday - than RO throughout its run:

12/19 = -53.3% vs -55.5%

12/26 = +24.1% vs +10.6%

1/02 = -5% vs -13%

Of course, those last two are following a holiday Sunday where A2 jumped up way more, but still a pattern; will see if it holds next Monday as we revert back to a normal M-F schedule