XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think so. 

Overall expectations was 66-68M, it should still get close or match 66M. 

The only difference is that SAT drop was slightly bigger than expected (NYD celebrations + the games + long running time as the reasons) and SUN jump should be higher as well to compensate. 

But the weekend itself it'll still match the expectations imo.

Overall general expectations few days ago was 50-55, mainly the fans claimed 60+.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think so. 

Overall expectations was 66-68M, it should still get close or match 66M. 

The only difference is that SAT drop was slightly bigger than expected (NYD celebrations + the games + long running time as the reasons) and SUN jump should be higher as well to compensate. 

But the weekend itself it'll still match the expectations imo.

Check Deep Wang's third weekend thread, you'll see very differently.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Check Deep Wang's third weekend thread, you'll see very differently.

That's literally the exact opposite of what that thread shows. 

Of the 30 predictions, removing the $1/$2/$100m guesses, the average is $55,088,533 and there are only 4 predictions above $60m. 

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Of the 30 predictions, removing the $1/$2/$100m guesses, the average is $55,088,533 and there are only 4 predictions above $60m. 

that's what Jimbo is saying? The expectations were much lower than what we're actually getting?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

that's what Jimbo is saying? The expectations were much lower than what we're actually getting?

I guess I'm confused because this is the post Thomas was replying to in the first place:

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Have we got ourselves a mini opening weekend situation here?

Spend years saying the opening will be about $140m.

2 week out tracking suggests $180m+

It opens to $135m

claim a disaster

So Jimbo says this and then turns around and admits that it's NOT this?

"Expectations" were in flux, because of how Avatwo ran away from RO this week. Had it followed the RO pattern exactly from each daily gross, here's how the weekend would have projected out

Mon = $49.9M

Tue = $53.2M (contest closes)

Wed = $56.7M

Thu = $59.7M

Fri = $66.5M

With the Sat estimate at $18M, we're coming back down to around $63M. But there really wasn't a consensus of $60M+ until at least the Thursday daily number was in hand on Friday morning

• Like 3

I picked 62mil in the predicition thread, so anyhting over is gravy for me.

Hoping we can hit 65mil.

Of course its slightly dissapointing after such a good Friday but like that user said on here, this is the first New year in 3 years where people can let their hair down and actually go out and have fun, and i guess thats exactly what people did.

21 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

So the finest boxoffice aficionados of the world predict $55M and then the film pulls off roughly $10M more?

Proof that no one should be underwhelmed. Deadline’s $68M forecast was just too much.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

So the finest boxoffice aficionados of the world predict $55M and then the film pulls off roughly $10M more?

Proof that no one should be underwhelmed. Deadline’s $68M forecast was just too much.

Ah, I see what I missed!  Deadline lol.