charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

40 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

The designated "massive flop" Puss In Boots that was being dunked on by certain members of the forum its first weekend is now at $145m, almost double its budget worldwide; has literally only just opened in Brazil, Argentina, Korea and Poland; has not yet opened in family film loving UK and Ireland, nor in India or Japan. And still has plenty of gas in the tank in all markets. 

PRAY FOR MERCY!!!!!

It's an easy watch and entertaining. Like others said, it does take itself more seriously than anticipated. It really isn't a "horror" film either. 

I gave it a 6.7 out of 10. Lower than the likes of Barbarian, Black Phone, Smile, and X from 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

The designated "massive flop" Puss In Boots that was being dunked on by certain members of the forum its first weekend is now at $145m, almost double its budget worldwide; has literally only just opened in Brazil, Argentina, Korea and Poland; has not yet opened in family film loving UK and Ireland, nor in India or Japan. And still has plenty of gas in the tank in all markets. 

PRAY FOR MERCY!!!!!

$150M WW actually. Halfway to 300M

2 hours ago, mike&night said:

Not bad, still in the $40-47M weekend realm. Hopefully it manages to overperform and stay as close to $50M as possible.

I watched M3GAN yesterday and thought it was quite generic. Bland, extremely PG-13, everything happens off-screen and not as funny as people are making it out to be? Like I’m not sure why people are LOLing in the theater. Also not as camp as I expected, seemed to take itself more seriously than I expected. But M3gan as a villain has a lot of potential, hopefully the sequel is rated R.

I’ve read that Blumhouse filmed all the gore, but it was all trimmed to attain a PG-13. I have fingers crossed for a blu-ray/4K release that has the kills restored. 

With that said, I haven’t seen it yet. I plan on it either tonight or tomorrow, weather pending…

41 minutes ago, JayPrimetown said:

It's an easy watch and entertaining. Like others said, it does take itself more seriously than anticipated. It really isn't a "horror" film either. 

I gave it a 6.7 out of 10. Lower than the likes of Barbarian, Black Phone, Smile, and X from 2022.

Bruh you really comparing Puss in Boots to horror movies. I mean yea the wolf was kinda scary but that's only like 5% of the film. And Dreamworks has always targeted edgier kids and their parents. There's no overlap with the young adult women demo of M3GAN

Edited by Alex SciChannel

54 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looks like Megan is doing a lot more damage to this movie than we thought. The race for the #1 spot for the weekend might be more nail biting than expected.

I don't get it, how it could fall from 7.3-7.5 to 6.5. I hope it's at least 6.75 with actuals.

• Like 1

Let me be the wet blanket for a minute: looking into daily numbers a bit, getting the sense they are bit more inflated (more people still on holiday break) than the 2017 comparable. Which is to say Avatwo and Megan may not leg out from their respective Thursdays quite as well as many have penciled in 

Friday is really the key day, and for now I’m expecting more muted increases, +50/60% range rather than 70/80%

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

A2 sub-$10m Friday time to panic!

Shouldn’t be below $10 off that Thursday … but also may not be that much above it 

I have penciled in 3.7-4.0x Fri for the weekend total