charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

1 minute ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I went 40.5 in the Derby so that works for me

I mean, it’s pretty close to my predict too 😉. I was a bit surprised the average was under $40M though 

Whale expansion that I didn’t have time to research this morning is going to drag down my score anyway, so at least hoping to be close on top 2

Among regular films in release, 20th Century Studios/Lightstorm/Disney’s Avatar: The Way of Water lead Thursday with $6.7M at 4,202 theaters, -10% from Wednesday with a running total of $471.7M. The sequel made $113.5M for the week.

Uni/DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish at 4,121 sites did $2M yesterday, -11% from Wednesday for a $30M second week and running total of $74.6M.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever at 2,310 ends its eighth week with an estimated $8.8M, a $490K Thursday and a running total of $441.9M.

Tri-Star/Compelling Pictures/Black Label Media’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody at 3,625 saw a second Thursday of $444K, a second week of $6.7M and a running total of $17.3M.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

The first film had 6.09mil on the same Thursday, then jumped 118% on Friday.

Not saying A2 will have a similer jump, but maybe its a little early to start doom posting.

A $40M 4th weekend is considered doom posting? 

I dont see FRI being flat or bellow TUE. Yeah Canada may be but DOM increase should be enough. Discount Tuesday was also a thing during the Holidays and during the Holidays there is less incentive to chose FRI over weekdays ,especially for a 3 hour movie. And despite that both Fridays came comfortably ahead of TUE with one being during the storm's peak 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Curious, both A2 and M3GAN ended up below projections

Maybe late shows overall wasn't that strong yesterday, anyway, still great numbers for both 

Megan's Thursday previews most definitely took away some business from Avatar 2. Had it stayed either R-rated or on the 13th then the latter would've reached $7M.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

:hahaha:

I like how he;s still towing the 'the sequels were in jeapordy if A2 didnt make money' line where there were articles before the film released that he's starting filming again in Jan, and was confirmed by a user on here who knows somwone working on the films.

He was given nthe money 11 years ago for the sequels, and yes he's going to need more as the sequels jumped from 3 to 4 sequels with him splitting the orig A2 script in two, but still i think the sequels were always happening, and Cameron was just trying some hype.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Curious, both A2 and M3GAN ended up below projections

Maybe late shows overall wasn't that strong yesterday, anyway, still great numbers for both 

I suspect it’s more than we’re in a transition period, where some markets are still on holiday break, while others have shifted back to normal. Samples probably over-indexing and the cumulative total comes in a bit lower 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

I dont see FRI being flat or bellow TUE. Yeah Canada may be but DOM increase should be enough. Discount Tuesday was also a thing during the Holidays and during the Holidays there is less incentive to chose FRI over weekdays ,especially for a 3 hour movie. And despite that both Fridays came comfortably ahead of TUE with one being during the storm's peak 

Good points. Hadn't thought of it from that angle before.