CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

3 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

That said 11 seems unbelievable, guessing more like 9.8-10.6

This is in reference to M3gan's TF, right? That would still be very strong but more in line with what I was expecting

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly 3-4M for Otto would be pretty great. Could see close to 10 next weekend which, for adult fare in these times, would be pretty solid. The book apparently sells really well still, which my friends who work at (Canada’s version of Barnes n Noble) have attested to.

I had faith this would be the one adult-oriented film that would do...slightly better than the rest. I think it looks insufferable and treacle, but people were hollering when the trailer played in front of Banshees of Inisherin and the premise is catnip for every boomer in America. My mom's already got plans to see it with her friends, and she never goes to the movies unless I take her.

Which like...yeah, 10M is still sad for a film that would have easily opened to 20M+ in 2018, but I'll take those small victories wherever I can!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Dragoncaine Doing friday to friday comps, A2 is looking at 11.25m by my estimate. Its looking higher thu/fri but that will be skewed due to Canada if I am not wrong. i prefer friday to friday comps here. Let us wait for @charlie Jatinder to provide estimates. Definitely 10m would be a huge surprise at this point. 

Sounds like the Thurs-Fri bump is looking promising in your tracked region, but yeah, Canada could throw a wrench in estimates. Fri-Fri seems like the smart move. Appreciate the projection! Here's to $11m+ hopefully 🤞

Well I am confused.

A2 is showing around 11M today?

M3N is showing 9.5 -11M true today?

is that about where it stands?

11M for A2 would be 40 -42M

9.5 would be 28? 11 would be 33? for MGN

Anyone better with the numbers could correct me.

Edited by Ronin46

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Idk, ~11M for A2 seems pretty much what everyone was hoping for it, even a bit better tbh since we known FRI bump could be muted 

Something something don't count your chickens, but yeah if $11m or better sticks, that's a nice Friday number. I'm still sticking with $41-42m this weekend, so hopefully the estimates later tonight (prob within an hour or two?) support my prediction.

• Like 1