CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Charlie, our resident box office expert forgetting that a global pandemic happened. Lovely

I know and I also know its over. We had a film that had 250M admits when COVID was actually a thing this time last year. Without China.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 7

Why comparing EG with A2? It really doesn't make any sense in my head, not even the first Avatar sell more tickets than EG.

EG is the climax of a complex saga, it sell that much because of this, A2 is just a regular sequel

The climax of it will be A5, let's see how Cameron build this franchise, maybe he can keep it growing in admissions, who knows

• Like 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

I know and I also know its over. We had a film that had 250M admits when COVID was actually a thing this time last year. Without China.

Charlie, the purple user who thinks Endgame was more impressive than Avatar (2009). Very strange honestly.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, LinksterAC said:

Note that the word “happen” is in the past tense.

Are you saying that global cinema is back to pre-covid strength?

I could have lost arm arm PAST TENSE, and it still be gone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Charlie, the purple user who thinks Endgame was more impressive than Avatar (2009). Very strange honestly.

I don’t think it’s strange.

I don’t know that I think EG’s run was more impressive. I’d say similarly impressive. 

But I can see people favoring one or the other.

I think some poeple are being a bit disengenous at the moment.

When i came back to the site a few months ago, all i have heard on here is how the 'climate has changed' and we need to accept it, cinema going is way down and may not come back etc. Now people are acting like that isnt the case and everything is back to normal, just because A2 is doing so well.

Come on guys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, M37 said:

Reminder: when looking at historical Sundays for this week, previously this was the Wild Card round of NFL playoffs, with 2 games each on Sat & Sun, helping to lower Saturday but also show smaller drops into Sunday 

Last year, with major caveats but the only January regular season NFL finale comp, the median Sunday hold was about -40%, with nothing below -36%. BPWF, a similarly stronger Sat & Sun film, was in the -38% range for its non-holiday Sundays 

Getting to -35% should be considered a win given the circumstances, though certainly potential to dip a bit lower 

Re-upping as Sunday/Weekend estimates roll in, bit of uncertainty in how Sunday is going to play relative to Sat this year