CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

7 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

And again... it is not relevant for you. I personally really liked the discussion of AI substituting humans and the place for soldiers in the future of the army and dealing with the loss of a parent, for example.
Also, I don't see why a movie HAS to have a relevant message in order to be a great movie and deserving of winning best picture. Avatar having an anti-war message and Maverick being supposedly just a "make us proud and measuring dicks" (which I disagree) are not determinant factors in being a great movie at all IMO.

"AI substituting humans and the place for soldiers in the future of the army"

well the above theme is nothing new and was done way better in the movie Stealth ( please sharp up your memory ).... In fact movies like Soldier also did it better before.

6 hours ago, wildphantom said:

There isn’t one James Cameron film that would get in a top ten of Spielberg. He has never and will never take over him, and JC I think is a genius filmmaker. 

So so wrong..... For starter, every James Cameron film ( with the exception of Piranha 2 ) is better than Spielberg's biggest blockbuster ET.

• Haha 1

• Founder / Operator
5 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Gah, now I need to watch this again this weekend.

Hot take: I know everybody loves Love Actually, but I really don't. I don't think it's great. The Holiday is my go-to during the holidays.

Peace,

Mike

Both are staples here!

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator
6 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

Any early numbers from your sources?

20 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

any latest predictions for the Saturday number ?

Haven't checked in, sorry.

Most of the unofficial studio sources tend to take a break between Saturday morning and Sunday morning unless it's something blowing away a big record. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

So so wrong..... For starter, every James Cameron film ( with the exception of Piranha 2 ) is better than Spielberg's biggest blockbuster ET.

Coming from someone who loves both film makers, I vehemently disagree with this statement.  ET touched a generation of movie goers and it still lives on to this day.  There's nothing wrong with having the opinion you do but there are a litany of people out there who will disagree with you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Haven't checked in, sorry. :(

Most of mine tend to take a break between Saturday morning and Sunday morning unless it's something blowing away a big record.

Hello Shawn, nice to see you here.  

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

Coming from someone who loves both film makers, I vehemently disagree with this statement.  ET touched a generation of movie goers and it still lives on to this day.  There's nothing wrong with having the opinion you do but there are a litany of people out there who will disagree with you.

ET is a harmless little sentimental movie which is nowhere near any of Cameron's groundbreaking movie..... In fact, The Abyss is Cameron's answer to ET to how to do in grand and complex way.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

ET is a harmless little sentimental movie which is nowhere near any of Cameron's groundbreaking movie..... In fact, The Abyss is Cameron's answer to ET to how to do in grand and complex way.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by Jurassic World

And I don't even care about E.T. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by Jurassic World

And I don't even care about E.T. 

And you should not.... In fact, Spielberg consistently failed to sustain quality with his blockbusters ( compared to Cameron ) post 1990 beginning with Hook ( 1991 ). 

5 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

And you should not.... In fact, Spielberg consistently failed to sustain quality with his blockbusters ( compared to Cameron ) post 1990 beginning with Hook ( 1991 ). 

Lost World, AI, War of the Worlds, Indiana Jones 4, Tintin, BFG...... all of them were unsatisfactory.