CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This is shaping up to be the healthiest weekend for exhibition in ages. Instead of one mega-blockbuster dominating and everything else flopping, we have 3 different tentpoles pulling in big numbers.

Great Success Win GIF

Puss in Boots 2 in particular fascinates me. It's already out at home, and yet it's still set for a great weekend. I can't help but wonder why, in the instant gratification age, such a miracle was achieved.

PVOD is a big different. Even Peacock wouldn’t hurt because it’s not a big one like Disney+ or Netflix, hell even HBO Max would do a damper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Box office is one thing,Avatar’s worldwide influence is another thing,I never see one of the film’s Google trends is higher than Olympic Games and on par with election of US president,not even close,Avatar is the first one I see

And Avatar’s Google trends collection 223 regions data,This is also insane,means almost every country’s people on earth at least aware what Avatar is(For comps,Jurassic Park only have 143 nations data,Harry Potter collect 208 nations data,If we don’t compare movie,Olympic Games collected 238 nations data,Michael Jackson have 228 nations data and FIFA worldcup have 233 nations data,Trmup has 232 nations,Tom and Jerry have 172 nations,Bruce Lee have 191 nations and Jackie chan have 215 nations,Mike Tyson 220 nations)

For now,I think Maybe we really underwhelming this series worldwide influence

Yes but does it have enough memes and gifs?, thats the true representation of 'cultural impact'.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

2019 was easier to make cash than 2009 :)

Well, that will be the last time a MCU movie made so much money. There is never going to be another MCU hit like Endgame. Let them have it.

Edited by Xavier

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

$11.4m Saturday for M3GAN per Deadline. Disney hasn't reported yet.

That's a great number for M3GAN. This will make beyond $30M.

Edited by kayumanggi

‘M3GAN’ Slays With $30M+ Opening; ‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Hits Half Billion Faster Than ‘Top Gun 2’, ‘Rogue One’ – Sunday AM Box Office Update

Universal/Blumhouse/Atomic Monster’s M3GAN is a monster at the box office and is opening to $30M+ after a rich Saturday of $11.4M, just -3% off from Friday $11.7M Friday and previews. What a great late Christmas present for exhibition as this one will have legs and give some extra bounce to the box office as we wait for Ant-Man and Wasp: Quantumania. Also, Avatar: The Way of Water crossed the half billion mark yesterday in its 23rd day of release after an estimated $20M Saturday. That’s faster than Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (32 days) and Top Gun: Maverick (30 days). Disney hasn’t reported numbers yet, nor as Universal so this is off industry estimates. Weekend 4 out look for Avatar 2 is around $45M.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/01/box-office-m3gan-avatar-the-way-of-water-1235212918/

Universal/Blumhouse/Atomic Monster’s M3GAN is a monster at the box office and is opening to $30M+ after a rich Saturday of $11.4M, just -3% off from Friday $11.7M Friday and previews. What a great late Christmas present for exhibition as this one will have legs and give some extra bounce to the box office as we wait for Ant-Man and Wasp: Quantumania over Presidents Day weekend. Also, Avatar: The Way of Water crossed the half billion mark yesterday in its 23rd day of release after an estimated $20M Saturday. That’s faster than Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (32 days) and Top Gun: Maverick (30 days). Disney hasn’t reported numbers yet, nor as Universal so this is off industry estimates. Weekend 4 out look for Avatar 2 is around $45M.

Deadline:

Also, Avatar: The Way of Water crossed the half billion mark yesterday in its 23rd day of release after an estimated $20M Saturday. That’s faster than Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (32 days) and Top Gun: Maverick (30 days). Disney hasn’t reported numbers yet, nor as Universal so this is off industry estimates. Weekend 4 out look for Avatar 2 is around $45M.

Let's hope that estimate goes up.

Edited by kayumanggi

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I said Inflation + Market Growth would outweigh it. 3 Years ago was also before covid.

and yet here we are. with all the market growth, it will end well below EG in the market growth areas i.e. Asia and LATAM.

we are looking at 250-260M admits, 220M without China.
vs
390M, 294M without China and Russia.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Comps with the main theme,not just the word search,Google trends have ’Avatar series’ theme,if you don’t theme but use words,a people search ‘buy Avatar ticket’ won’t count to ‘avatar’ single word

Yeah, but you could also pick up searches for "how do I change my avatar on Discord" or whatever.

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

and yet here we are. with all the market growth, it will end well below EG in the market growth areas i.e. Asia and LATAM.

we are looking at 250-260M admits, 220M without China.
vs
390M, 294M without China and Russia.

Charlie, our resident box office expert forgetting that a global pandemic happened. Lovely

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

Universal/Blumhouse/Atomic Monster’s M3GAN is a monster at the box office and is opening to $30M+ after a rich Saturday of $11.4M, just -3% off from Friday $11.7M Friday and previews. What a great late Christmas present for exhibition as this one will have legs and give some extra bounce to the box office as we wait for Ant-Man and Wasp: Quantumania over Presidents Day weekend. Also, Avatar: The Way of Water crossed the half billion mark yesterday in its 23rd day of release after an estimated $20M Saturday. That’s faster than Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (32 days) and Top Gun: Maverick (30 days). Disney hasn’t reported numbers yet, nor as Universal so this is off industry estimates. Weekend 4 out look for Avatar 2 is around $45M.