keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Is Avatar keeping all of the PLF’s to itself this weekend as well? Weekend 5?

My local theaters that have multiple PLFs are starting to split them off. M3gan got one last weekend. This weekend Plane is siphoning one off. 

I know that not every theater has multiple PLF screens, and those that don’t still are showing Avatar. But the big multiplexes that have 2,3, & 4 PLF screens are starting to show other things as well, when a week ago Avatar had all of those screens. 

This may not be widespread and may end up being completely anecdotal, but if it’s happening in my backyard it’s probably happening somewhere else. It’s just a question of whether or not it is enough to shave some off of the gross. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

why?

B/c one is going huge (for that type of film release) - my Cinemark added extra showings of the film that is splitting Dolby tonight (although they were extra 2d)...in some areas, those films really sell to the community...

• Like 1

Just saw M3GAN and holy cow was that movie fun as hell! It had a surprising amount of commentary on the role of technology in raising of kids.

I can see why it's getting such good word of mouth. Needless to say I am rooting for it as well as Puss in Boots at the box office.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Just saw M3GAN and holy cow was that movie fun as hell! It had a surprising amount of commentary on the role of technology in raising of kids.

I can see why it's getting such good word of mouth. Needless to say I am rooting for it as well as Puss in Boots at the box office.

Still a week for me until im able to see Megan, but im really looking forward to it.

• Heart 1

So, the teen worked out date night, so the boys and I will be contributing 3 $5 tickets to Plane tomorrow while the teen and boyfriend will be getting Puss in Boots tickets.

My boy said "wow, you got 3 tickets for less than 1."  I said, yes, that's why we're going to a movie.

Here's hoping it is 80's throwback action b/c I was always a fan, and I think that would entertain my boys...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, todos said:

And Knock at the Cabin will take ALL PLFs OW (at least for a week) according to Universal’s agreement. 

https://www.imax.com/movies

1 minute ago, mikeymichael said:

Sub-30M 3-day coming. 

You guys need to understand that people still want to see this movie. They just do it on the weekends because it's a 5+hour commitment of a day. If the 3day truly is below 30mil then it'll probably land below 700, but if it's 35mil+ then 700-750mil seems a lot more likely. This weekend is key. I'm personally thinking a 40mil weekend isn't too far out of reach.