keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

1 hour ago, Legion in Boots said:

I’m not an avatar hater per se (I think 1 was fine but nothing special outside visuals, haven’t seen 2 yet, from trailer and reviews it seems fine but nothing special outside visuals) but I am a silly-stat-presented-straight hater, if you’re determined to frame things that way ;) 

You're someone, like Deep Wang, who has been unusally absent from this site for most of A2's run so far, outside of the OW and the first few dodgy days, and now these dodgy weekdays. And now both are you back and back to doom posting.

The film is going to become the 3rd biggest movie of all time, something that we know all blockbusters released at Christmas also achieve.....oh wait.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, corngrower87 said:

And Titanic is closer to those two in time than we are to Titanic. 

This is violence

Iron Man 2 is closer to Titanic’s release than to the A2’s, which is spooky to me. Won’t be long before avengers is closer to titanic than present 😬

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

This is violence

Iron Man 2 is closer to Titanic’s release than to the A2’s, which is spooky to me. Won’t be long before avengers is closer to titanic than present 😬

I know. Titanic is now older than films that mom and dad showed me when I was a kid that came out when they were in school. In the mid to late ‘90s, films like Star Wars and Halloween felt old. (Not that I didn’t love those films)

I guess that means I’m old now too… 

8 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

This is violence

2 minutes ago, corngrower87 said:

I know. Titanic is now older than films that mom and dad showed me when I was a kid that came out when they were in school. In the mid to late ‘90s, films like Star Wars and Halloween felt old. (Not that I didn’t love those films)

I guess that means I’m old now too… 

In ~18 months, 2050 will be closer to us than Titanic.

• Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

You're someone, like Deep Wang, who has been unusally absent from this site for most of A2's run so far, outside of the OW and the first few dodgy days, and now these dodgy weekdays. And now both are you back and back to doom posting.

The film is going to become the 3rd biggest movie of all time, something that we know all blockbusters released at Christmas also achieve.....oh wait.

What?  I literally held 3 straight weekend competitions(winning the first one with a pretty good drop)!  I'm specifically NOT commenting on every little number good or bad and really only absent when compared to you how frequently you post.

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Or maybe not every opinion on this forum has to be anti-avatar or pro-avatar. Have you ever considered that there are perspectives that don't fit into your black and white dichotomy?

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

What?  I literally held 3 straight weekend competitions(winning the first one with a pretty good drop)!  I'm specifically NOT commenting on every little number good or bad and really only absent when compared to you how frequently you post.

You did host those weekend prediction threads yes, but you have barely been seen in the normal weekend and weekday threads, which is not like you. And Legeon just hasnt been here, and now he's in the top 4 posters for this thread, a thread where A2's weekdays are a little dissapointing.

Even though many on this site ptedicted this to become a weekend film once the holidays finished, due to its runtime.

At the end of the day, 5+ times legs is great and NOT the norm for a movie opening over 100mil, no matter the time of the year. It just seems like sour grapes from 2 detractors hurt by the fact the film has been a massive success.

I do take solice though in the fact that A2's success has caused pain to some of you, so much that it changed your posting habits lol.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Cheddar Please said:

Or maybe not every opinion on this forum has to be anti-avatar or pro-avatar. Have you ever considered that there are perspectives that don't fit into your black and white dichotomy?

Not when it comes to Legeon and Deep Wang, no.

Their post history shows what i mean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Nah Brainbug, you're not going until Jurassic World 27 atleast.

Jurassic World 27.

Since 1993 (30 years ago), weve had 6 JP/JW movies. On average, thats 5 years for a JP movie.

So in order to get to Jurassic World 27, i would have to live another 105 years.

I ... i dont know if im gonna make it! ☹️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

Not when it comes to Legeon and Deep Wang, no.

Their post history shows what i mean.

No it doesn't, literally the only thing they've done is disagree with your predictions based on their own calculations, which is perfectly reasonable as this is a box office forum. Maybe you shouldn't throw accusations at people just because they say something that you personally construe as an insult

• Like 5

1 minute ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Morbid but true. Some of us won’t make it out of this decade and none of us know who it’ll be.

Or everyone here lives to see the 2030's and beyond. Cool thing about life is that sometimes bad things dont happen to you :)

• Haha 1