keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

B/c one is going huge (for that type of film release) - my Cinemark added extra showings of the film that is splitting Dolby tonight (although they were extra 2d)...in some areas, those films really sell to the community...

Just wait for the return of the king, Shah Rukh Khan on Jan 25th

5 minutes ago, mike&night said:

I love how a movie that had the second highest 4th weekend ever that could still reach 650-700M is now pulling a “Rogue One” despite having similar week days to TFA and performing better than NWH. 

Come on now.

Welcome to BOT.

It woudnt be BOT without one or two meltdowns a week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Just saw M3GAN and holy cow was that movie fun as hell! It had a surprising amount of commentary on the role of technology in raising of kids.

I can see why it's getting such good word of mouth. Needless to say I am rooting for it as well as Puss in Boots at the box office.

Glad you enjoyed it! I’m finally seeing M3GAN tonight, it releases today here, on Friday the 13th no less. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

A2 WED week-to-week drop is -58%, PIB2's is -50%. The latter dropped -19% last WE while A2 did -32%. If A2 is crumbling (relatively), so is PIB2.

Yeah, and we all know that A2 overindexes quite a bit in Canada which relatively boosted its weekdays last week (because of holidays). I get that the days aren't great, but I would look at the weekend figures before making any conclusions.

31 minutes ago, Elessar said:

A2 WED week-to-week drop is -58%, PIB2's is -50%. The latter dropped -19% last WE while A2 did -32%. If A2 is crumbling (relatively), so is PIB2.

After thinking about it a bit more and doing some checking of past performances, PIB2 might increase quite a bit more on this FRI than A2, depends on how much of a kids film it really is and how much A2's runtime will shift attendance to weekends. Last week they increased about the same but that could have been because there were still some holidays.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Week to weeks aren't are reliable imo as day to days. Last week PiB Wednesday dropped -31% and Avatar -29%. This Wednesday PiB dropped -24% and Avatar -30%

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

After thinking about it a bit more and doing some checking of past performances, PIB2 might increase quite a bit more on this FRI than A2, depends on how much of a kids film it really is and how much A2's runtime will shift attendance to weekends. Last week they increased about the same but that could have been because there were still some holidays.

The PIB wed drop is very heavily impacted as a kids film with last wknd the last dregs of holidays. 3day could go flat here.   

A2 weekend hold will also be much better than wed but we’ll have to wait and see how much — if it goes over 30 it’s a big point in favor of runtime crippling weekdays.

• Like 1

On thing that bugs me in those hard times for movies:

It#s another CFriday 13th, another opportunity missed to have a cheap marketing hook for a horror movie. There are so many out there, why don't they constantly use those 1 or 2 opporunities eah year? It's especially cheep for Social Media activities. It's just sad. 

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

It#s another CFriday 13th, another opportunity missed to have a cheap marketing hook for a horror movie. There are so many out there, why don't they constantly use those 1 or 2 opporunities eah year? It's especially cheep for Social Media activities. It's just sad. 

I remember back when Insidious 2 used it as a launch pad for a $40m OW way back when

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I remember back when Insidious 2 used it as a launch pad for a $40m OW way back when

Happy Death Day did as well. Blumhouse quite often take the date. It was M3GAN’s original date too. 

Even it’s end up with 650m it’s still comes from just 130m Opening,Almost 5 x mult

A 100m OW movie going to 5 X mult is the 2nd best leggy run in DOM history behind only Maverick

So what’s the doomer post based on?

They’re saying like Avatar 2 is failed

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bruce said:

A 100m OW movie going to 5 X mult is the 2nd best leggy run in DOM history behind only Maverick

This is such a dumb stat though, cmon. Using a nominal cutoff+no accounting for seasonality can get you fun mathematically true statements but not very meaningful ones

• Like 4