Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Looks like the Buffalo Chargers showed up today.

Nah, it’s the Miami Seahawks, getting frisky for a quarter before the expected result materializes in second half 

• Like 1

Finally saw Puss in Boots. Masterpiece IMO!

Great story, great characters (Puss in Boots is the best Shrek character), AMAZING villain, beautiful animation, very good comedy, some very deep themes in there done in a beatiful and touching way, etc.

More excited to see it's run now.

• Like 6
  • Heart 2

56 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Its crazy the way things change over time (either naturally, or forcefully by stuff like a pandemic).

I mean could you imagine 10 years ago saying 'i bet in another 10 years Pixar will be struggling to survive'.

People would of thought you were crazy.

10 years ago they had just released their two worst films back to back and their next film was an uninspiring prequel. Prime Pixar was over.

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Anyone notice that Bayformers nostalgia is a thing? Both Dark of the Moon and Revenge of the Fallen are in the top ten on Netflix. Wonder if this will help Rise of the Beasts 

I don't care what anyone says but Dark of the Moon is actually a good film. 2nd best Transformers movie yes better than Bumblebee. Age of Extinction and Revenge of the Fallen are guilty pleasures. The Last Knight was just trash and top 3 worst blockbusters of 2010s. 

• Like 4
  • Heart 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Put me down for 33+ when actuals come out. Which is a strong  hold, though I was hoping it would pull more like 35. Meanwhile, OS continues to impress. If the Chinese market recovers this year, they should really do a full blown re-release there later and go for the WW crown. 

That’s a $12/13m Sunday? 

Edited by todos

49 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Revenge of the Fallen are guilty pleasures. 

young me still remembers revenge of the fallen being the coolest thing ever, I will never see it again as I want to keep the illusion intact

2 minutes ago, chaos said:

I just saw Puss 2 -   wonderful -  it deserves so much more

its very good, but it could've and should've aimed higher (mostly in the 2nd half)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Looks like BOM have a bogus number for Lyle Lyle Crocodile, they have $146m, BOP just posted $102m and so did Sony. 

BOM is truly in the trash. They have had that error since last weekend and still haven't fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2