Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

Moderation

Yeah we're done with this. @Firepower please stop with this "Avatar's had an epic drop for the ages" nonsense. This is making more money than we will ever make in our lifetimes, and we don't need this silly hyperbole.

To everybody attacking Firepower, you all made your point and there's no need to fight fire with fire and insult the guy. Please ignore these posts. His posts won't cause Daddy Cameron to magically lose his job, so why go after him? Anybody who continues this insipid fight will see a threadban.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric is Missing said:

Moderation

@Mr Roark and @kayumanggi have been threadbanned for not listening to the mod warning and continuing this fight. Please listen when a staff member tells you to stop.

To be fair, their posts were just a couple minutes after your warning, maybe they haven't see it.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Ive said for years that a Shrek 5 that is close in quality to Shrek 1 or 2 clears 500M DOM at minimum. It would have so much potential its not even funny.

Or close to the quality of Poos in Boots

Hey guys. I don't know where to  post this so I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread.

I'd like to ask about distribution and how it ties in profits. Theaters take a 50% cut but how much do distributors  take? If a small studio makes a hit movie with a distributor do they take for example 15% of the domestic profits? How about studio profit outside the country?

May not be the appropriate place to post this, but figured more eyeballs wandering in here than anywhere else right now 

A few high profile names on this list, including Union Square 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, M37 said:

May not be the appropriate place to post this, but figured more eyeballs wandering in here than anywhere else right now 

A few high profile names on this list, including Union Square 

While I'm sure they are underperforming theaters, this will probably continue to skew MTC 1/2 into higher %s of overall market, since in a lot of these closed markets, one of the other 2 MTCs will probably get most of the ticket slack...(although some  of those tickets may also be permanently lost due to losing one's closest theater and adding in inconvenience to see movies theatrically)...