Borobudur

Valentine Weekdays

14 minutes ago, Flip said:

Weird how some films increased yesterday, wasn't even a holiday or anything

Galentine's Day + theaters are running Valentine's Day discounts + people celebrate early. Also everything is kind changed up by Superbowl Sunday. 

Edited by Hiccup23
misspelling
  • Like 1

Same. Such a masterpiece. It remains an epic. Far more traumatic watching it as an adult. Kate Winslet, stunning. Leo, gorgeous. If you didn't know this ship would sink, the heavy-handed foreshadowing would ensure you did. A gun chase as the ship is drowning? Top marks. 3D was awful and pointless though! Wish it could catch IW, but probably needs another re-release for that lol

• Like 3

If there is a movie that tame Oscar voters' ego to reward a mega-blockbuster, it is Titanic. This movie will get A+ cinemascore regardless of which decade it is release. The whole cinema hall had plenty of people crying and passing down tissue to each other especially the last 10min. 

• Like 5

Titanic is one for the ages. I remember watching it at a preview screening when it originaly released. One of the best theater going experiences i've ever had and the only standing ovation i have ever experienced (people are more reserved here).

Btw, i loved the old days where you went to watch a movie without 100s of people already telling you what to expect. Internet is great but also not so great.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Feeling the Titanic love here is a bit excessive. It's great (the best film to gross more than ROTK), but far from Cameron's best.

this is like going on a star wars forum and saying the love for luke skywalker is a bit much

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Borobudur said:

If there is a movie that tame Oscar voters' ego to reward a mega-blockbuster, it is Titanic. This movie will get A+ cinemascore regardless of which decade it is release. The whole cinema hall had plenty of people crying and passing down tissue to each other especially the last 10min. 

It really would. It’s one of my favourite films. I’ve seen it countless times. But my partner and I both still cried at the end. For him it was the scene with Jack. For me it’s the very end when she goes up the stairs to see him again. Amazing. 

3 hours ago, Dale Cooper said:

Feeling the Titanic love here is a bit excessive. It's great (the best film to gross more than ROTK), but far from Cameron's best.

What are you saying?

This is Titanic,you think this kind of Masterpiece is excessive?

Titanic is the most famous movie in the world

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dale Cooper said:

Yeah it's not perfect but damnit it remains the biggest pop culture event of our lifetimes so let us enjoy 😆

• Like 2

No movie is more influential than Titanic,this movie is some kind of  “Symbol of 90s”

I remember I just saw the 2022’s Chinese TV show few weeks ago,the main character of the show back to 90s by using time travel machine or something ,and then the story writer just use the scene about  ‘Titanic is showing on cinema’ to represent this is 90s,is just like….you saw Eiffel Tower and then realize that the city is Paris,Titanic is the culture symbol at that time,even 25 years after its release people still remember it,is the one of biggest America culture event.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It really would. It’s one of my favourite films. I’ve seen it countless times. But my partner and I both still cried at the end. For him it was the scene with Jack. For me it’s the very end when she goes up the stairs to see him again. Amazing. 

Yes, after all these years, we still cried in Titanic. With blockbusters nowadays keep toying the death of the characters by bringing those characters somehow come back alive no matter how dead are they were in the previous movie, Jack in the Titanic, remains the most dead character in recent movie history. People know Jack is dead, forever gone like a actual death. The kind of ending where it let you feel you have lost something permanently is why Titanic holds up after all these years. 

7 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Yeah it's not perfect but damnit it remains the biggest pop culture event of our lifetimes so let us enjoy 😆

I wasn’t even born at that time but I still heard of the movie when I was a really young child,is just something colonized in my mind that “Titanic’s Jack and Rose and Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet are the world-famous love story”

• Like 2

Deadline:

The top 20 movies yesterday saw an average 120% spike over Monday as moviegoing exploded on Valentine’s Day led by Warner Bros. theatrical release of original HBO Max R-rated title Magic Mike’s Last Dance which led all titles with $1.93M and a five day take of $11M at 1,496 locations. Magic Mike 3 saw a daily spike of 134% over Monday.

Second place belonged to 20th/Disney/Lightstorm’s Avatar: The Way of Water with $1.8M at 3,065 theaters, +163% over Monday with a running total of $649.7M in the middle of week 9. The next notch on the list of the top-grossing movies of all-time at the domestic box office for the James Cameron movie to clear is ninth place where Universal’s Jurassic World currently sits with $653.4M. This coming weekend, Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania gets all the ticket upcharge venues of Dbox, Dolby, Imax, PLF and 3D.

Paramount’s 25th Anniversary of Titanic at 2,464 theaters minted $1.695M in third place, +141% over Monday for a five-day running total of $9.1M.

The Melrose Lot’s discount priced 80 for Brady at 3,939 theaters saw $1.66M, +115% and a $27.2M running total in the middle of its second week.

Universal’s M. Night Shyamalan directed thriller Knock at the Cabin at 3,657 theaters grossed $1.59M, +182% over Monday for a running cume in the middle of week 2 of $25.5M.

All movies grossed an estimated $14.3M yesterday which is +130% vs. the same Tuesday (Feb. 15) in 2022 and also 13% higher than Valentine’s Day a year ago which did $12.7M

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 2

younger me though titanic was too girly and didnt go with my sister to the 2012 re-release

have only seen part of it from the times it was on tv