Eric Loves Rey

Live-Action How To Train Your Dragon | June 13, 2025 | Universal | Dean Deblois to return as director

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Gerard Butler is cast as Stock then it wouldn't look out of place TBH.

I wonder if DreamWorks Animation is involved in the remake or if they'll just get a production credit. 

I was so lost until I realized he voiced Stoick and knew what you meant.

Edited by Austin

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

If Gerard Butler is cast as Stock then it wouldn't look out of place TBH.

I wonder if DreamWorks Animation is involved in the remake or if they'll just get a production credit. 

Ever since this was announced I was willing to bet on them getting Gerard as the dad again to be the only person from the animated movies to carry over to this one (and due to Butler's history with action/fantasy movies of this sort). Wouldn't be surprised if they got someone else to fill that "veteran with the 'And' credit" void though.

I hope this is good even if, like the Disney remakes have proven, living up to the original is an especially tall order.

Edited by filmlover

3 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Can't wait for the racists to come out of the woodwork on this so I can mock them. Nico was great in her small role on TLOU

Calm down. Astrid isn't as iconic as Ariel, and people aren't as eager to tear down DreamWorks Animation as Disney. If there are haters, it won't nearly be as much as TLM got.

Just saw that Marc Platt is a producer on after having also produced a number of the Disney remakes. Since he's clearly cornering this particular market I wonder how much his son begs him to secure himself a part in one of these at some point.

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just saw that Marc Platt is a producer on after having also produced a number of the Disney remakes. Since he's clearly cornering this particular market I wonder how much his son begs him to secure himself a part in one of these at some point.

Ben Platt is pretty talented TBF.

26 minutes ago, YM! said:

https://deadline.com/2023/11/how-to-train-your-dragon-live-action-movie-release-date-1235592783/

Universal trying to bully Elio. They really been on Disney’s neck since Lightyear flopped, scheduling family films next to their films closely.

Elio likely won't move, Disney aren't going to push Pixar titles from June to unfavourable months like September.