Eric is Quiet

Trap | August 2, 2024 | Warner Bros. | M. Night Shyamalan

Of course it's big on Twitter. Hartnett as the lead is the latest big comeback, he will make a fantastic villain, the film looks very unique, and Shyamalan is capable of utter greatness. 

Josh trending on Twitter makes it kinda feel like they wasted the big moment that his comeback would be. Needed to announce him as Dent  yesterday.

@Eric Atreides is no doubt on point, the trailer twist reveal is going to b a giant red herring for sure

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

m night doesn't really make long movies he has like a 105 minute average I think that's pretty obvious bullshit.

Cryptic has had one or two misses but on runtimes they're usually very dead on.

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Cryptic has had one or two misses but on runtimes they're usually very dead on.

I seem to recall you thinking Five Nights at Freddys was going to be 3 hours because of what someone i didn't know on Twitter said. perhaps be more discerning.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I seem to recall you thinking Five Nights at Freddys was going to be 3 hours because of what someone i didn't know on Twitter said. perhaps be more discerning.

That still doesn't invalidate their track record. Perhaps pay closer attention?

Edited by SpiderByte

FWIW the average runtime of a concert is 2.5 hours so if the movie were looking to capture the whole thing as if it were unfolding in real time a runtime in that area doesn't seem that crazy. We'll see though, I doubt it because I imagine they would make the "in real time" gimmick a major selling point if that were the case.

The director said part of the appeal of making “Trap” was the idea of telling the story “from the vantage point of an unexpected person” — in this case,

Spoiler

Hartnett’s killer

. “It kind of led more and more to this dark humor angle that ‘Servant’ has and ‘The Visit’ and ‘Split’ had.”

Maybe, M Night is using 1998 Snake Eyes as his template....a concert instead of a boxing match...Snake Eyes tried doing the "real time" thing.

lol find it hard to believe there isn't a twist. It seems like Hartnett will be in near every scene, film quality really hinges on his ability to carry it. 

They're doing reshoots of this today in my area. It's shutting down our Main Street area overnight. It's going to throw off my routine for dropping kids off at various activities.

On 5/10/2024 at 8:22 AM, excel1 said:

lol find it hard to believe there isn't a twist. It seems like Hartnett will be in near every scene, film quality really hinges on his ability to carry it. 

M night has done quite a few filmss that don't depend on a big twist ending.

The title says the 2nd. Was it moved back again? I'd like it if that were true, even though that's D&W's 2nd weekend. I feel like that's still better than being lumped with Borderlands and It Ends with Us on the 9th.