GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Honestly even Black Panther: Wakanda Forever couldn't hit 1bn; I doubt Guardians 3 can.

Even Guardians 2 - worldwide - didn't really increase that much from the first one.

Sure, but GotG2 was only relying on raised awareness/interest from GotG1 while all other MCU sequels have benefited from an Avengers crossover to massively boost baseline awareness. IW/Endgame still reached more casual viewers than Guardians which may help deter the headwinds of this being a long delayed sequel. 

47 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

😁

We will have the last laugh when the MCU dies, theaters implode, and EC is out of a job and won’t be able to get a nickel for his grandma :Gaga:

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

I think with Chadwick gone, it’s possible to say this was the best case scenario.

Didn’t the first one also have poor WOM in Asia too? And a similar DOM/OS split?

First one had weaker reception in Asia to an extent, but significantly better than BPWF there. 

Just now, stuart360 said:

I remember when i said i could see Megan reaching 100mil, so many people on here 'corrected' me on how i was wrong. And yeah, its not going to hit 100mil, but its going to hit 97-98mil by the end of its run.

I could see Universal willing it past $100M Passengers/A Wrinkle in Time style if they decide to drag its run out as long as possible. But a crowded March means it's among the movies that will start shedding theaters quickly soon.

The OS numbers are looking ugly. Between China and Russia Ant-Man and the Wasp did ~135M. 622M-135M=487M WW total. This one is doing how much in China? Half of the 121M total of the last one? 

We truly never realized how much China was boosting these superhero movies and how Europe was never that much into them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1