GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

4 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

It ain´t going under 500M. Eternals had similar wom and legs like that gets to 600M. Now when you consider frontloadness maybe 525-550M but under 500M seems impossible

Eternals had decent reception in Europe. 

QM reception is just abt bad to mixed in most markets.

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

I mean let’s not forget the reviews, Cinemascore, and how it probably worn beat the worldwide gross of the second one.  We also don’t know what the second weekend drop will be 

As per usual, backtracking has already begun. 

I agree with a lot of posters on here the quality of content from the MCU has been down compared to phases 3&4, but Feige/Disney/Iger seemed to have learned their lesson and are focusing on fixing the problems present. 

My beef is the trolls on this site who have nothing better to do than bash the MCU at every corner and spread doom and gloom at every corner when box office comes in below expectations.

There is a lot of people in this thread who said the MCU would fold within a year and was in massive trouble, that’s not true at all.

Antman 3, WF, Thor love and thunder, and DS2 all made money. Not what the executives at Disney wanted, but people are acting like these movies were massive bombs. 

I’m not an Avatar fan, but you don’t see me bashing the movie at every opportunity. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I agree with a lot of posters on here the quality of content from the MCU has been down compared to phases 3&4, but Feige/Disney/Iger seemed to have learned their lesson and are focusing on fixing the problems present. 

My beef is the trolls on this site who have nothing better to do than bash the MCU at every corner and spread doom and gloom at every corner when box office comes in below expectations.

There is a lot of people in this thread who said the MCU would fold within a year and was in massive trouble, that’s not true at all.

Antman 3, WF, Thor love and thunder, and DS2 all made money. Not what the executives at Disney wanted, but people are acting like these movies were massive bombs. 

I’m not an Avatar fan, but you don’t see me bashing the movie at every opportunity. 

poor MCU. What a victim

• Like 12
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

The MCU has added a new superhero - Rant-Man

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Trollolol

I'd say claiming that the MCU, the hegemonic economic and cultural movie force of the past decade, in any way deserves to be cut a break or called a victim is much more trolling than any pun I can come up with. Given it's outsized dominance over the box office landscape, I'd say it's feet haven't been held to the fire enough if anything. But any further will get me close to the "fanboy wars" violation so that is all I will say on the subject.

• Like 6

Top Dreamworks' Movies in the Last Ten Years

01 | $187.17M | THE CROODS (2013)

02 | $177.40M | HOME (2015)

03 | $177.00M | HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON II (2014)

04 | $175.00M | THE BOSS BABY (2017)

05 | $162.03M | PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH (2022)

06 | $160.80M | HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD (2019)

07 | $153.71M | TROLLS (2016)

08 | $143.53M | KUNG FU PANDA III (2016)

09 | $111.51M | MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN (2014)

10 | $097.23M | THE BAD GUYS (2022)

11 | $083.85M | PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR (2014)

12 | $083.03M | TURBO (2013)

13 | $073.92M | CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS (2017)

14 | $060.72M | ABOMINABLE (2019)

15 | $058.57M | THE CROODS: A NEW AGE (2020)

16 | $057.30M | THE BOSS BABY: FAMILY BUSINESS (2021)

17 | $017.72M | SPIRIT UNTAMED (2021)

18 | $000.45M | TROLLS: WORLD TOUR (2020)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Imagine being a Marvel fan and feeling persecuted.

There were people on here almost celebrating after A2's 134mil ow. Although some of us knew those celebrations would be short lived.

:ohmyzod:

Imagine being an Avatar fan and feeling persecuted. You’re in the same boat here my dude.

• Like 16

On 2/18/2023 at 11:57 PM, stuart360 said:

The best thing about the new Ant Man film is that the forum is alive again for the next 3 or 4 weeks lol.

Whens the next potentially huge blockbuster after Ant Man?

Still far cry from when Avatar 2 was released when we have few 100+ pages in one single weekend or weekdays thread. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is that the second movie in a row with a bad OS? Hard to say what L&T would make with China. But Quantum and WF opened there too.

And at this depressing time for the MCU, one scooper (who is somewhat more credible) is saying that Tom Holland is the lead in Kang Dynsaty. If this leak becomes viral, it may boost QM box office in both OS and Dom.

Edited by Willowra

12 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Imagine being an Avatar fan and feeling persecuted. You’re in the same boat here my dude.

Eh?, where was my big rant about feeling persecuted?. I was just showing that it happens for all movies.

I never felt persecuted because i always knew i'd have the last laugh.

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

re releases these days pretty much only appeal to film buffs. Gone are the days when you could have something like the Star Wars Special Edition do huge business

Titanic 11 years ago made $350M.

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1