kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING | 395.4M overseas | 567.5M worldwide

16 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Fallout did ~390M INT - China

DR1 is currently at ~315M INT - China  

Does it have enough to close the gap? 

We'll see, and without Russia it's 380M so just a little bit closer

DeadlineMission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One ran up another $6.2M in 67 markets with a 45% drop. The offshore cume on the Tom Cruise-starrer is now $376.4M with $541M globally. Japan continues to race along at No. 1, now with a $31.5M cume, just under the UK which is at $32.3M to date. 

• Like 1

So it looks like about $570M +- 5 final total.

Underperformances in DOM, Korea and China (3 of its 5 largest markets historically) ultimately held the total down.

The good late legs in US help but only a little. Thinking about another $15M in DOM and $10-12M International, based on current drops.

Korea was just a straight underperformance. Barbie didn't do well there and Oppy just opened this week after MI's run is basically over (should crawl to just over $30M there).

We already know about China. You just can't assume big numbers there anymore.

DOM was the one impacted by Barbieheimer, but frankly I think SoF was a bigger issue there. Nobody knew anything about that movie and had no idea it would explode. Indiana Jones didn't do well but did enough to also have a negative impact. It ended up in a slot that was more crowded than expected with direct competitors and it simply wasn't loved enough by DOM audiences to dominate those.

I do expect DR2 to recover and do more in the 650-675M range.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So it looks like about $570M +- 5 final total.

Underperformances in DOM, Korea and China (3 of its 5 largest markets historically) ultimately held the total down.

The good late legs in US help but only a little. Thinking about another $15M in DOM and $10-12M International, based on current drops.

Korea was just a straight underperformance. Barbie didn't do well there and Oppy just opened this week after MI's run is basically over (should crawl to just over $30M there).

We already know about China. You just can't assume big numbers there anymore.

DOM was the one impacted by Barbieheimer, but frankly I think SoF was a bigger issue there. Nobody knew anything about that movie and had no idea it would explode. Indiana Jones didn't do well but did enough to also have a negative impact. It ended up in a slot that was more crowded than expected with direct competitors and it simply wasn't loved enough by DOM audiences to dominate those.

I do expect DR2 to recover and do more in the 650-675M range.

I think it will do 10-12M more just in Japan more than everything else so I would increase a bit that international estimate

On 8/21/2023 at 5:58 AM, RamblinRed said:

Has there been any analysis about what happened in Korea? Is the market there changing ala China?