kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING | 395.4M overseas | 567.5M worldwide

WW gross of Mission Impossible movies without China

1) Mission Impossible - 452M (40% Domestic) 

2) Mission Impossible II - 543M (40% Domestic) 

3) Mission Impossible III - 388M (34% Domestic) 

4) MI: Ghost Protocol - 594M (35% Domestic)

5) MI: Rogue Nation - 546M (36% Domestic)

6) MI: Fallout - 610M (36% Domestic)

Dead Reckoning should outgross all of them, I think at least 650M in these markets plus what it will make in China this time

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I just think people are kind of tired of sequels based on decades old IP. If we have many original movies / young franchises, it’s ok to go to see a 7th or 10th movie for few times. But this year, almost everything is about that. Jones, Fast Furious, Transformers…Even adult elder audience are sick of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I just think people are kind of tired of sequels based on decades old IP. If we have many original movies / young franchises, it’s ok to go to see a 7th or 10th movie for few times. But this year, almost everything is about that. Jones, Fast Furious, Transformers…Even adult elder audience are sick of it.

Yeah this year we had many sequel/spin off/remake as always but we even had the return of sagas I thought were already dead like Transformers, Hunger Games and Indiana Jones

In any case Mission Impossible is certainly one of the most popular and appreciated ones so the problems must be something else

17 minutes ago, Brian Miller said:

Only $13.4M overseas throughout the weekdays? That's disappointing. 

I'm not sure if that is updated. BOM is slow with updates. Even the-numbers hasn't had weekdays update yet.

33 minutes ago, Brian Miller said:

Only $13.4M overseas throughout the weekdays? If it's true, it would be disastrous. 

Expecting it to cross $350M globally through Sunday. Not sure if it's gonna do that. 

Fallout was probably at around $330M after second weekend with no china release by then.

• Disbelief 1

Not worried about the franchise. DR1 just came out the worst possible time. DR2 will do franchise best numbers so long the high quality remains. Expect DR2 to take it up to another level and make up for what DR1 lost. Korea and Japan shows what it could have been. UK also a great example, higher OW than FALLOUT, on pace to do franchise best numbers but then got crushed by Barbenheimer. I saw it for the 4th time on Thursday and the afternoon showing was 85% full. Then it decreased on Friday...