kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING | 395.4M overseas | 567.5M worldwide

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

This remind of Avatar 2, where DOM didn't come in to moderate the China underperform, but exacerbated it further instead. Both have very great WOM but at least the former has strong legs to compensate the awful OW.  

Avatar 2 release in the time of peak COVID in China

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

China is still really bad. Not sure why Luiz is even trying to spin it. In fact it lost those screens for a reason.

Because Luiz makes me happy. Leave Luiz alone. I protec Luiz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

15 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Not that far fetched actually. 

$180M dom/$350M OS-C/$60M China pessimistic prediction 

Yeah but this is closer to being nonsense that being pessimistic, otherwise I could do the same and say that it still has a chance to gross 800M and then add that it was just an optimistic prediction...

4 hours ago, JustLurking said:

China is still really bad. Not sure why Luiz is even trying to spin it. In fact it lost those screens for a reason.

I can’t stand that guy.

”M:I-7 EXPLODED in South Korea” yeah sure…

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2023/film/global/mission-impossible-7-fast-x-rome-production-premieres-1235666478/

With ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ and ‘Fast X,’ Rome Is Becoming a Hollywood Hot Spot for Production and Premieres

Yet, Italy didn't seem to generate high BO for MI7 either. The OW there is looking <$2m. Remind me of JW4, despite heavily featuring Paris, there isn't much bump to their BO.

Hollywood should start exploring shooting on location in some of the less common countries, where people would actually respond and excited to see their place to appear on big screen. See how Transformer: ROTB actually blow up in Peru because the movie was partially shot there.  

• Sad 1