kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING | 395.4M overseas | 567.5M worldwide

My initially thoughts for this movie was that it would make 650-750 because the trailer was underwhelming. Once I saw everything released before it bomb I thought this has a chance to hit 1b. Damn was I off the mark, should have stuck to my initial gut instinct. The problem with this franchise is they turned into a big stunt sell and the big stunt in this just wasn't something that people cared about. This movie is kind of like M Night's The Village in the sense that people were just expecting a twist ending from him at that point and when the twist was underwhelming it turned some people off.

They need to get rid of McQ and being in someone who will focus on story first and foremost and have a script written ahead of time. The whole write as you go does not lead to quality story. I enjoyed DRP1 the  most of the McQ films but the story was still weak compared to the earlier entries.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i wouldn't expect DR2 to make much more, the franchise is getting stale, no one in cast puts butts in seats besides Cruise, i bet Paramount is freaking out now

It won’t have this level of competition for one thing, and part 2’s after well received part ones almost always increase

3 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

My initially thoughts for this movie was that it would make 650-750 because the trailer was underwhelming. Once I saw everything released before it bomb I thought this has a chance to hit 1b. Damn was I off the mark, should have stuck to my initial gut instinct. The problem with this franchise is they turned into a big stunt sell and the big stunt in this just wasn't something that people cared about. This movie is kind of like M Night's The Village in the sense that people were just expecting a twist ending from him at that point and when the twist was underwhelming it turned some people off.

They need to get rid of McQ and being in someone who will focus on story first and foremost and have a script written ahead of time. The whole write as you go does not lead to quality story. I enjoyed DRP1 the  most of the McQ films but the story was still weak compared to the earlier entries.

so superhero movies can get away with generic stories but MI needs something greater? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HesAPooka said:

I didn't mean for DRP2, I meant after. Which I'm sure would will happen regardless of how these two movies perform.

I think the franchise is done after part 2, at least I think Cruise will be done with it, and the franchise depends on him

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I think there's a handful of market where it can outgross FALLOUT. Some decent drops despite Barbenheimer. It's just the domestic decrease and China pulling the film paints a bad worldwide tally.

MI:DR is already the highest grossing MI movie in India so yes my place is one among them 😎

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I think there's a handful of market where it can outgross FALLOUT. Some decent drops despite Barbenheimer. It's just the domestic decrease and China pulling the film paints a bad worldwide tally.

Should've released in June. Up Against Bombs in DOM and Absolutely nothing in China.   

Studios will calculate Tiktok hype in their algorithms next time.

Edited by The GOAT
  • Like 1