GOGODanca

3/3 - 3/5 Weekend Thread | Creed III gets the biggest franchise opening and MGM opening ever with 58.7M. #AintMan drops 61% for 12.5M. Jonathan Majors still getting paid fat stacks

Universal’s Cocaine Bear won Thursday with an estimated $1.48M (-5% from Wednesday) at 3,534 theaters and a $30.2M first week. Disney/Marvel Studio’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania at 4,345 theaters saw $1.4M (-8%) yesterday, a second week of $39.1M and running total of $174.2M. Lionsgate’s Jesus Revolution at 2,475 theaters made an estimated $1.3M (+2%) and $21.8M first week. 20th/Disney/Lightstorm’s Avatar the Way of Water at 2,495 made $361K yesterday, +2%, an 11th week of $6.3M and running total of $667M. Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Oscar nominated Puss in Boots: The Last Wish booked at 2,840 locations saw an estimated $235K Thursday, +2%, and tenth week of $5.1M and running total of $174.4M. As we already told you, that domestic total is higher than Illumination/Universal’s Sing 2 last holiday season ($162.7M) and the original Puss in Boots ($149.2M).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Disney/Marvel Studio’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania at 4,345 theaters saw $1.4M (-8%) yesterday

23 hours ago, M37 said:

Around $1.5M Wed and $1.4M Thur is what I had mentally penciled in after Monday's numbers fwiw

I’ll take the under on $13M from here, though probably not by much 

Toronto is getting absolutely walloped with a blizzard this afternoon through overnight, which is going to impact business tonight. I believe this is going to be just a rain storm though for the rest of the northeast, so, the overall box office impact shouldn't be too bad, but, just southern Ontario probably makes up about 3% of the North American market, so, it's still something.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dxmatrixdt said:

hey i messaged you my list a few weeks ago and it still says you haven't read it.  just making sure.

I have read and captured all lists. I see yours is in the excel file as well. My profile setting is "do not track" on my home laptop but tracks on my work laptop, so that might be the reason it does not show up. Probably checked yours on my personal laptop

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Kind of a shame Creed 3 won't reach $50M in its opening weekend. Still a great preview number, and should reach the mid-40s. It's honestly my favourite of these movies so far.

Why not? A bit early to rule it out I would think. 

• Like 2

Amazing that all Creed, Scream and John Wick will most likely open with +40M (possibly even 50M) this month.

Of course they're all part of franchises, but still, after the dreadful past years for mid budget movies, this feels like a comeback

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great number for Creed, but we have to remember that that's not just from Thursday. I think it will be a bit more frontloaded than a lot of us are expecting. Still, something around 42-43M is still really solid for it.