filmlover

The 95th Academy Awards official live feed thread | EEAAO and All Quiet win most of the awards. A24 reigns supreme and Asian Excellence is high

15 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I didn't watch live, just seeing that In Memoriam did the "scan the QR code" thing for all the people they left out of the show?! And seeing some of names they left out, yikes...

https://ew.com/awards/oscars/2023-oscars-in-memoriam-anne-heche-leslie-jordan-tom-sizemore-left-out/

Beyond tacky.  Even more insulting than being accidentally forgotten is being remembered but prioritized to an off show list scan code.  Ugh

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Has Schrader forgot that EEAAO is a completely American production set mostly in the most American institution of all - the IRS offices. In fact the Daniels are the first Americans to win Best director since Chazelle

6igy5u2q2jna1.jpg

Schrader's anger is 100 percent about the All Quiet on the Western Front wins, he's just a book purist who hates this adaptation! /s

The same guy who said he was going to vote for Riseborough is now mad that the Oscars aren't "American" enough, sure... IYKYK what he really means. Maybe he can truly let loose with the bigotry by taking part in those Brutally Honest Ballot articles next year.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It must be said that I feel bad for whoever was sitting behind Tems during the ceremony lol. Beautiful dress that looked great on the red carpet but I would be so annoyed having this blocking my view for 3.5 hours.

tems oscar dress

Funny thing is, I think it was Ludwig Goransson based on another angle.

Every time...

I’ll be upfront in saying that I haven’t actually seen The Whale,

i found the movie to be pretty empathetic actually but i know there's a certain genre of twitter activist who thinks even acknowledging obesity as a problem is a demonic opinion, so the movie was just never going to win with them. also the whole article framing it as a thin actor playing fat... brendan fraser has slimmed down a lot the past year but before that he's been fat as fuck for a while, and probably while filming this. watch No Sudden Move dude is Welles in Touch of Evil level big in it. There's no actor who's literally 600 pounds like the character in the movie.

• Like 1