CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

THG would have to do like no less than 22m this weekend, then have about only a 25% drop next weekend, and have Think Like a Man and Lucky One both under perform with about $16-17m to get a 5th weekend at #1. So in other words, yeah, it ain't happening. Would be cool though.

Edited by MovieMan89

The Cinemascores aren't so promising either...B- for Three StoogesB- for LockoutAnd a C for Cabin In The Woods. :(

Haven't seen Cabin yet and am trying to avoid spoilers, but I heard the reaction at the theater I attend was just toxic yesterday.

Do people actually care to mark the anniversary by seeing the best movie ever?

I am! and twice today and tomorrow... I'm excited :)I'd call Titanic the best movie ever, seeing it again on the big screen again just reinforced my love for the movie. Nothing like it on the big screen and no movies I've seen since in the theater have come close. :P

Do people actually care to mark the anniversary by seeing the best movie ever?

I do. I've been actively trying to engage people to go to the theater. However, as great as the movie is, it isn't the best movie. Top ten, yes, but not even close to #1.

The Cinemascores aren't so promising either...B- for Three StoogesB- for LockoutAnd a C for Cabin In The Woods. :(

That really surprises me. I'm a bit of a hardcore horror guy so I don't expect everyone to share my opinion of it, but next to Scream, it's perhaps the best self referencing horror film perhaps ever.

Mainstream audiences don't salivate and hyoerventilate over self-referential jokes, nods at the audience, and obscure pop culture winks. They want either straight up horror or broad comedy, and according to most reviewers, CITW was smart and snarky, but not too scary, and yet, it was marketed as horror. Plus Whedon fanatics always overestimate his appeal. He is pure niche in his humour, and aesthetic.

5.625M official estimate for Stooges, so her (final) number for that last night wasn't too off the map.As for Cabin, I'm surprised by that "C" as well. Great critical reviews, great like percentage of RT, great IMDb score... and for what it's worth, the people in my theatre clapped when it was over.,,

The reason anyone mentions Whedon on this site is because he's directing The Avengers which a lot of people are looking forward to, whoever the director is. I doubt many people would care much otherwise. You can go on about Whedon loonies if you want but there's only one person on this site that's obsessed with Whedon.