CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

Another good weekend number in store for THG! I think it was just a couple of weeks ago that one of the two Debbie Downers said that THG would not go higher than 360m. :rolleyes:

Edited by Han Cobb

Mainstream doesn`t like self-congratulatory ain`t-we-smarter-than-ayone-else high concept that Internet geeks brag about getting while no one else does. It isn`t about getting something or not. It`s about what looks smart to minority, it looks stupid to majority. I said flat out it sounded stupid. So I`m an averige Jane Multiplex, not smarter than other averiges and looks like they feel the same. Couple that with the fact that horror comedies aren`t popular and comedy was not played up in trailers or that "comedy" was, as Cocho points out, pop cultural references, and you see why mixed to negative WOM.

The problem is these films appeal to people who THINK they are smarter than everyone else, but arent. If anything they are dumber.Seen CITW, left me cold as pretty much everything Whedon has been involved with has. Mind you ive never seen a movie i couldn't follow, or didn't get the 'surprise' in. Edited by Rovex

Yep. Too optimistic for sure. :P

At least I didn't waste hours doing analysis and projections based on the early numbers. Remember the Friday thread 2 weeks ago? Pages and pages of 80M+ weekend possible, 500M+ total possible.... :P

Didn't Drag Me to Hell have the same thing happen that is happening to Cabin? Great reviews by critics but audiences are confused and overall disappointed because both films have comedic elements that weren't entirely conveyed in the ads.

Another good weekend number in store for THG! I think it was just a couple of weeks ago that one of the two Debbie Downer's said that THG would not go higher than 360m. :rolleyes:

Turn the clock back a few days... people were projecting 450M+.... even 500M.What's your point?

At least I didn't waste hours doing analysis and projections based on the early numbers. Remember the Friday thread 2 weeks ago? Pages and pages of 80M+ weekend possible, 500M+ total possible.... :P

It's funny how you keep bringing up that weekend whenever trying to gain leverage in this discussion, trying to grasp on the one thing you have left because you know that I have been much more accurate prediciting this thing than you since then.And I didn't waste hours. It was a fun time at the boards despite the lowered estimates. It was a shame you were asleep and missed it.

It's funny how you keep bringing up that weekend whenever trying to gain leverage in this discussion, trying to grasp on the one thing you have left because you know that I have been much more accurate prediciting this thing than you since then.And I didn't waste hours. It was a fun time at the boards despite the lowered estimates. It was a shame you were asleep and missed it.

It's funny that you people can even show your faces on this forum after that debacle.And this is not doing 400M.... wanna bet?

It's funny that you people can even show your faces on this forum after that debacle.

And this is not doing 400M.... wanna bet?

Show our faces after the debacle? Are you serious ROFLMAO. You make it seem like we predicted those numbers. THEY WERE REPORTED TO US BY NIKKI, THR, AND VARIETY!

And betting on 400m? Oh Fake, you slay me. Just a couple days ago you said this film had no shot at passing DH2. So now you're upping the range to 400m to avoid being wrong again. And I don't see it doing 400m. I've said 385-390m for awhile now with like a 5% chance at 400m so yeah, I'm not not gonna take a bet that I don't think I have a good shot at winning.

Show our faces after the debacle? Are you serious ROFLMAO. You make it seem like we predicted those numbers. THEY WERE REPORTED TO US BY NIKKI, THR, AND VARIETY!

I am referring to the fact that I was ridiculed, laughed at, and told to 'suck it up' because I predicted 59M for the 2nd weekend.

Yeah, it is funny that those guys are still around and are 'rolling eyes' at my predictions.

The problem is these films appeal to people who THINK they are smarter than everyone else, but arent. If anything they are dumber.Seen CITW, left me cold as pretty much everything Whedon has been involved with has. Mind you ive never seen a movie i couldn't follow, or didn't get the 'surprise' in.

QFT.

I am referring to the fact that I was ridiculed, laughed at, and told to 'suck it up' because I predicted 59M for the 2nd weekend.Yeah, it is funny that those guys are still around and are 'rolling eyes' at my predictions.

You want us to apologize or something? Infact, I know for a fact that I've admitted on this board several times I was wrong that weekend, so why keep bringing up shit that no longer matters? You nailed its 2nd weekend. Congrats, you're pessimistic prediction for this film worked in your favor once.

To all who ridiculed and laughed at Fake because he predicted 59M for THG's 2nd weekend, suck it up. :lol:

:lol:Gotta go to sleep now.... good night Kayu... how the hell are you even awake right now? :o

HG is beating potter for sure. THat is a great achievement for a franchise to beat potter finale without 3d.

To get the bragging rights of beating HP, it should beat HP1 adjusted $437m (no 3D).I think it can't beat a single HP WW $796.7m Edited by Rudolf