CJohn

Weekend Estimates (THG - 21.5M; T3S - 17.1M; CitW - 14.9M)

It didn't even cost $400m to produce and market, so how they could they possibly lose that much on it? The loss is probably more in the $150-200m range, which is still huge.

what about dvd/bluray rentals and sales? wouldn't they also cut losses?

what about dvd/bluray rentals and sales? wouldn't they also cut losses?

I'm pretty sure they're meant to cover the marketing costs, but I doubt this'll sell well on DVD/ Bluray.

Leave John Carter alone. We already had enough fun with it. It bombed, the DVD/Bluray sales will be terrible since the movie collapsed since the already terrible 30M OW.

The funniest thing is John Carter is one of the best movies I've seen this year so far. Too mnay people criticized it for the budget and not for the actual film itself.

I never saw John Carter, but I still don't entirely understand why so many folks like to shit on it... I don't remember Mars Needs Moms getting so much crap. Ehh.. whatever. I digress.. it's still been a great 2012 so far barring a couple of disappointments.

JC is an averige movie. Not a trainwreck like Battlefield Earth or B&R. It`s getting too much press for something so ordinary. I don`t get it either.

The funniest thing is John Carter is one of the best movies I've seen this year so far. Too mnay people criticized it for the budget and not for the actual film itself.

When something fails everyone piles on. I haven't seen it myself so I can't say either way

I never saw John Carter, but I still don't entirely understand why so many folks like to shit on it... I don't remember Mars Needs Moms getting so much crap. Ehh.. whatever. I digress.. it's still been a great 2012 so far barring a couple of disappointments.

Maybe because Disney humbly accepted defeat on MNM. The week of John Carter release they were still putting out TV spots calling it "first epic blockbuster of the year" :lol: :lol:

Maybe because Disney humbly accepted defeat on MNM. The week of John Carter release they were still putting out TV spots calling it "first epic blockbuster of the year" :lol: :lol:

From the makers of POTC hurt even more. That smacked of desperation and POTC cred has been fairly low in North America since AWE.