CJohn

Weekend Estimates (THG - 21.5M; T3S - 17.1M; CitW - 14.9M)

BOM has 9.4m Saturday and a 40% drop to 5.65m Sunday. Hopefully this will be the first weekend that THG goes up from estimates.

Seriously. Yesterday I projected 21.4m but with a 9.1m Saturday and a 36% Sunday drop. But Sunday just doesn't seem to be THG's day. But if it was to go up from estimates, this would be probably be the easiest weekend to do it.

I wish BOM would do a showdown between Hunger Games, DH, and ROTS. Looks like The Hunger Games will finish ahead of both of them with about 385 million. Beating the final Potter without 3D and only a weeks worth of IMAX showing is extremely impressive.

Edited by Moviefanatic

I wish BOM would do a showdown between Hunger Games, DH, and ROTS. Looks like The Hunger Games will finish ahead of both of them with about 385 million. Beating the final Potter without 3D and only a weeks worth of IMAX showing is extremely impressive.

I recommended the same thing a couple days ago. It's annoying looking at the Twilight vs. THG showdown. THG has already blown by all of them and just furthers the gap even more. Yeah, a DH2, Sith, THG showdown would be cool. Maybe SM1 thrown in there, just incase. ;)

I recommended the same thing a couple days ago. It's annoying looking at the Twilight vs. THG showdown. THG has already blown by all of them and just furthers the gap even more. Yeah, a DH2, Sith, THG showdown would be cool. Maybe SM1 thrown in there, just incase. ;)

I would be so happy if this somehow got to 400 million but I don't see that happening...especially with The Avengers around the corner.

I would be so happy if this somehow got to 400 million but I don't see that happening...especially with The Avengers around the corner.

Yeah, I give it like a 5% shot at pulling it off. For it to happen, The Avengers would have to have no effect on it. We'll see how it reacts to its first huge theater loss.

Hunger Games needs a 3.93x multiplier from this weekend to hit 400m. Last weekend the multiplier was 3.95x. So technically, this weekend doesn't make or break 400m for HG. I'd say the door's certainly open to it right now. We'll see what next weekend brings.

Yeah, I give it like a 5% shot at pulling it off. For it to happen, The Avengers would have to have no effect on it. We'll see how it reacts to its first huge theater loss.

The Lucky One may have something to say it if grosses over 20M OW, because it also appeals to woman.

The Lucky One may have something to say it if grosses over 20M OW, because it also appeals to woman.

Good point, but I'd be interested to know what the male/female ratio is now. Obviously the film skewed more female OW since the majority of the book's fans are female. But, I bet the ratio is closer to 50/50 now since the film is appealing to casual moviegoers. The Lucky One might not hurt it as bad as one would think.

Tomorrow I am going to give our booking agent a piece of my mind because last week he got us BAD ASS instead! Now, the chances of us getting are virtually none.How stupid was that?

Bad Ass? :lol:

THG has already passed up SM3's final total despite having nearly identical OW's. Very impressive. And it also continues to mirror the first Twilight's legs (for now). Through 24 days THG's OW accounts for 45.3% of its total. Twilight's OW accounted for 46.4% of its total through 24 days. Twilight will start pulling ahead of it soon with its Christmas and New Years weeks coming up. Twilight had a 6.35 multiplier from its 4th week on. THG needs a 3.93 multiplier to hit 400m. It's definitely an uphill battle and pretty damn tough. But if it can maintain solid holds througout the rest of the run, it's a possibility.