CJohn

Weekend Estimates (THG - 21.5M; T3S - 17.1M; CitW - 14.9M)

On MNM Disney basically pulled out the oxygen tube and let it die quickly. On JC, Disney gave it hunreds of electric shocks in the hope of bringing it back to life, but it turned out to be just a painful and ugly death.

Edited by vc2002

Not counting Brave, what will be Disneys next big blockbuster success?

Strangely, outside of their animated slate and Marvel Studios, not much. Next year are all risky projects. Oz, The Great And Powerful should have breakout potential but they really have to sell James Franco as Oz and the fact it's a prequel that ISN'T called Wicked. The Lone Ranger in the summer could do extremely well but it's in a crowded month and Robopocalypse could be very lucrative for both Dreamworks and Disney.Disney as a whole is in a weird transitional stage...they're putting all of their eggs in baskets that aren't 100% guaranteed to be successful. Oz's budget is looking pretty ridiculous in its own right.

How about that new rom com coming out with the ads showing a little girl saying "I'm Katniss!" as she shoots someone?

Fine by me! I`m still reeling that Tony Stark didn`t call Hawkeye Katniss but Legolas. Who except fanboys and 13 years olds from 10 years ago knows and cares for Legolas?

Fine by me! I`m still reeling that Tony Stark didn`t call Hawkeye Katniss but Legolas. Who except fanboys and 13 years olds from 10 years ago knows and cares for Legolas?

Ha, does he say that? Well, I guess there was a Myspace reference in the first Iron Man...

What's funny is that in the 5YE trailer the little girl says "I'm Pocahontas!", But for TV spots they changed it to Katniss

And it's worked, apparently. That's gotten it a lot of positive reactions. (Wait, Pocahontas was an archer?) I wonder, though, if they redubbed the film as well (vs. redubbing it only for the TV spots).