Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 03/31-04/02 | #FRI - D&D $15.3M, JW4 $7.9M, HOS - $2.1M, Scream VI $1.55M, Creed III $1.4M, Shazam $1.2M &1001 $700K

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

With most SB season over, think AM3 is still more likely to miss AM2 than beat

I already thought it would come up short, after this weekend it will definitely come up short of AM3.

The question now is whether it can cross $215. Going to need about 40% Weekly drops from here on out to get there and not really sure it can perform at that level.

At least it will cross a 2X multiplier. Probably end up close to a 2.02.

Going drop out of the Top 10 next weekend.

What a shame this attempt at a Dungeons and Dragons film franchise will also fail to launch. The inevitable low-budget Netflix reboot in another 20 years will have to do, since I frankly don't see Paramount pursuing this property any further.

I do wonder if Paramount's going to do anything with Transformers Rise of the Beasts, their other Hasbro tentpole, in response to this disappointment. Shift it to August maybe? With its only major competition being Blue Beetle, a movie unfairly being torn into and ridiculed as a CW/Disney Channel-tier movie, it might be a decent call. Although they have Ninja Turtles there. I don't really know.

14 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

What a shame this attempt at a Dungeons and Dragons film franchise will also fail to launch. The inevitable low-budget Netflix reboot in another 20 years will have to do, since I frankly don't see Paramount pursuing this property any further.

I do wonder if Paramount's going to do anything with Transformers Rise of the Beasts, their other Hasbro tentpole, in response to this disappointment. Shift it to August maybe? With its only major competition being Blue Beetle, a movie unfairly being torn into and ridiculed as a CW/Disney Channel-tier movie, it might be a decent call. Although they have Ninja Turtles there. I don't really know.

They desperately need content for Paramount+, the D&D series will still go forward, we might not see a movie for a while though.

5 hours ago, AGlitchGnome said:

What could be considered a good hold for that going forward? Does it require a sub 50% drop for next weekend?

Considering Mario is gonna be HUGE, Sub-60% DnD 2nd weekend would be the goal. And then start getting in the 40% and 30% drops in the following weeks

• Like 1